Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need some long range reactive target

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bug Splat
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2007
    • 6561

    Need some long range reactive target

    Me and some guys are going to be doing some long range shooting up to 1000 yards later this month. I'm looking for some metal gong/reactive targets to put out for us to shoot. I don't want to spend much money for this so I'm looking for ideas on what I can maybe snag for cheap. I have a couple 12" brake rooters that we can take out there but what I'd really love is a zombie chest size silhouet. Maybe cut a manhole cover if I could find one.

    Also what could I put over the plates to reduce sparks? We plan to clear a patch for the target but you can never be too careful. Maybe a sheet of old carpet?

    What have you you guys done in the past?
  • #2
    Mute
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 8595

    Check with these guys. They're local and their prices aren't too bad:



    Also, LV Steel Targets in Vegas have a variety of steel plates you could use.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


    American Marksman Training Group
    Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

    Comment

    • #3
      lelandEOD
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 678

      I am really tempted to buy some of these, but only wish they were a bit bigger. They are larger than most brake rotors though.

      Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply has ammo and reloading supplies for sale at cheap prices. Find out why we're the best deal on the web today!

      Comment

      • #4
        BigBamBoo
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2008
        • 5215

        ............
        Last edited by BigBamBoo; 08-10-2011, 3:53 PM.
        Bring hay for my horse....wine for my men....and mud for my turtle!

        What do you hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

        "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
        - Sigmund Freud

        Originally posted by ar15barrels
        It makes it bigger and longer.

        Comment

        • #5
        • #6
          IntoForever
          CGSSA Associate
          • Sep 2010
          • 3891

          Originally posted by Bug Splat
          Maybe cut a manhole cover if I could find one.
          There are manhole covers all over the place, just go to the street and viola! Probably be best to take one from Wilshire street by the golf course, the street is so ****ty no one would notice.
          With all this "gun control" talk, I've not heard one politician say how they plan on taking guns from criminals, just law abiding Citizens.

          Originally posted by Nose Nuggets
          5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
          Originally posted by pyromensch
          damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll

          Comment

          • #7
            Quinc
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2010
            • 3011

            Tannerite! Shouldn't be a fire hazard this time of year anyway.
            Shop Amazon and contribute to CGF!
            click this link before going to amazon.com
            http://www.shop42a.com

            sigpic
            www.appleseedinfo.org

            "Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson

            Comment

            • #8
              lelandEOD
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 678

              I'd really like to find an old fire hose reel from some abandoned commercial building. My old club used that stuff for hangers and it took all sorts of abuse.

              Comment

              • #9
                Bug Splat
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2007
                • 6561

                Great stuff guys, thanks. There is a salvage shop by my house that I will check out. If I have no luck there I bet I can find some scrap plates at a fab shop in town.

                Comment

                • #10
                  Knife Edge
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 1355

                  Originally posted by Bug Splat
                  Me and some guys are going to be doing some long range shooting up to 1000 yards later this month. I'm looking for some metal gong/reactive targets to put out for us to shoot. I don't want to spend much money for this so I'm looking for ideas on what I can maybe snag for cheap. I have a couple 12" brake rooters that we can take out there but what I'd really love is a zombie chest size silhouet. Maybe cut a manhole cover if I could find one.

                  Also what could I put over the plates to reduce sparks? We plan to clear a patch for the target but you can never be too careful. Maybe a sheet of old carpet?

                  What have you you guys done in the past?
                  I've shot squirrels. Usually plenty available and quite reactive to 55gr V-Max

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    Carsgunsandchics
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 3537

                    Old powder type fire extinguishers work great. Especially when they are still charged.
                    Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                    I am more of a sucker than a blower...

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      guns4funca
                      Member
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 393

                      Get them from http://lvsteeltargets.com/main.htm There the best i have ever got.

                      [url=http:/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1