Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

POF

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mlevans66
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2009
    • 9516

    POF

    I recently shot a POF (Patriot Ordnance Factory) rifle at Iron Sights and realized I have never seen one in CA. I asked the guy where he got it and he told me he ordered for it out of state and it took 6 months to get it. When he shot the things it lit up like a thunderbolt and sounded like a .308. The things was a 556! Also when shooting the rifle ( the gentleman was a saint and let me fire his rifle) I noticed the trigger was so light it almost sounded like a full auto. My first question is are they legal in Commiefonia? My 2nd question is where do I find one of those compensators? Not the newest like on the website but the one that booms. Lastly does anyone have one and willing to sell? Have pics of a POF yourself? For the love of GOD post it!
    The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
    The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
    I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!
  • #2
    quick draw mcgraw
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 716

    Lots of us have POFs here in Commifornia. I have a P308, but a lot of guys have them in 5.56 and 6.8. Great rifles and very legal. POF just won't ship directly to a Cali FFL so you have to use a middleman. Check out the centerfire rifle gallery and search POF.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      straykiller
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 2573

      Hows POF quality ive heard alot of people dont like them and their also super bulky?


      Zombie Stickers For Sale

      ClassifiedWeapons.com

      Looking for a particular parts kit? Check out our parts kit locator that is automatically updated every 6 hours. Now you can see parts kits being offered by multiple websites in one location. Just select the parts kit button on the right of the home page to begin looking.
      -------
      Home Builds- 1919a4, Sten Mk3, Romy G Ak-47, PSL Pistol,Romanian RPK

      Comment

      • #4
        quick draw mcgraw
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 716

        Quality is amazing! They are a little bulky because they are CNC'd rather than forged so the walls of the upper and lower are thicker.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          Wicked K5
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 830

          Class 3 Weapons (forum sponsor) seems to have pretty good deals on POF. Order from them, ship to your local FFL. I believe there's a couple POF upper'd rifles for sale in the marketplace right now.

          Comment

          • #6
            rareair
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 1898

            Hey Evans,
            I've got a POF-USA P415 w/ 18" barrel. If I ever make it up to Iron Sites soon, I'll be more than happy to allow you to fire a few rounds. But the muzzle device you're inquiring about, I might have it. Better yet, I may be interested in selling it. Hit me up on PM
            MagPul MPLA
            POF-USA P415-18-11T-223
            TROY M7A1
            & a bunch of SIG pistols and rifles

            **WTB P227 TacOps**

            Comment

            • #7
              FeuerFrei
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2008
              • 7455

              I have several of the 556 16" uppers. Cali legal because they are uppers.
              One older well used upper that has M4 hand guards no barrel rail system, A2 flash hider. Weights about the same as my RRA DI 16".
              The others have the full POF rail system and are heavier.
              The muzzle device that came will the full rail uppers is a true brake and works pretty well. I don't know what you saw...heard but you can still put on whatever you want.
              The rifles are very reliable with any ammo ( I shoot a lot of Wolf/Tula ) and very accurate with good ammo.
              Cleaning is not critical nor is lubrication. You can go as long as you like and not worry about that little bottle of KY to keep it working. My experience.
              POF uppers have always worked well for me. Nothing has broken or worn out yet. Knock on wood.
              Only several sets of gas rings swapped in my RRA DI rifles. Knock on wood.
              Most people I let shoot the rifles like them. Recoil is different. Not worse or better, just different.

              Comment

              • #8
                bomb_on_bus
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2009
                • 5492

                I have both the 5.56mm and .308cal POF complete rifles.

                For pricing your best bet is to look at Gunbroker and look around for deals. I grabbed up a 5.56 18 inch POF complete rifle for 1780.00 a little over a year ago. Usually run 1,800-1,900 for a new 5.56mm

                AVguns and Class 3 weapons are both stocking dealers so if you see something they have and you want it buy it and its at your FFL dealer in 2 weeks or less.

                The rifles are CA legal off list lowers and the uppers just have to meet the rifle length minimum so no worries there.

                The .308 can bet had for 2,000-2,400 depending on who you buy and how long your willing to wait for a good deal.

                The older version POF rifles came with a dual port brake and the newer models are equiped with the triple port brakes. And both the 5.56 and .308 models can use any commercial brake or compensator on the market.

                If you get a complete rifle from an out of state seller just make sure that they follow CA DOJ rules. POF wont sell to CA directly but there are plenty of stocking FFLs that are more then willing to ship to CA.

                As far as them being bulky I dont really notice it. The top rail sits a little higher than most standard top rail heights but for me thats more of a convienance.

                The new HSR rail that is offered allows for a larger bell diameter scope to be mounted lower. And if your interested POF has teamed up with GAP to produce the new GAP-10 http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precis...n-gap-10-.html
                Originally posted by aklon
                In 1775 we stood up.

                In 1776 we announced we would not be sitting back down.

                sigpic
                Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.

                Comment

                • #9
                  solidstate
                  Member
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 333

                  I got the 16" upper with the NP3 coated finish from POF in winter/spring of '09 it took 12 weeks then(Obama). Ordered a stripped lower from Lanworld, that's one way to get one in CA. Great weapon, no problems after 2500+rds.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Predator
                    Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 362

                    My GenIII lower came from Class3, shipped to my local FFL. Upper is the newer Triple port brake on an 18"

                    I love everything about my rifle, The NP3 coating that POF uses is great. Cleaning is a snap.

                    The only thing you might run into is that if you're getting a factory POF rifle I think you have to put on a standard mag release unless you're going featureless. The factory rifles come with an ambi-mag release. The Ambi-Bolt release rocks! Don't need a BAD lever with this seteup.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      crazychinaman
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 1557

                      The rifle is bulky because of the giant heat sink under the hanguard. I have the .308 rifle, 16 inch barrel. The break works great. I got mine through cold war shooters in Highland,CA.At the Costa Mesa gun show. They are hard to get in Ca.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1