Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

vector 93 hk93 clone

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sen24
    Member
    • May 2007
    • 139

    vector 93 hk93 clone

    Any here have any experience with the vector 93? i got to handle one recently and they seem pretty solid. are they reliable? i really want a hk clone in .223. thanks.
  • #2
    tiger222
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 2396

    the vector V93 recievers are slightly out of spec compared to a HK93. claw mounts may or may not fit. The MFI low mount will not. Compared to a PTR - the PTR is much nicer and actually is in spec. The V93's use used furniture and some surplus parts. My main gripe is the all plastic Mp5 buttstock is hard to remove and reinstall and align the rear take down pin. (finally figured out a trick to remove it easier....)

    personally i'd look for an off-list HK in 223 if you can afford it. but if you just want a blaster then its good.

    as far as reliable, remington UMC is a no go - it only likes full power military spec m193. also it must be cleaned after a few hundred rounds or it may not fire again unless wiped down internally. shot 280 rounds once, put it away, took it out a month later and it would not fire. wiped down the bolt assy and it was good to go again.... I would never accept this kind of failure in an AR15... ah but's of German descent and love to shoot it...
    Last edited by tiger222; 06-25-2007, 9:33 AM.
    Seriously missing the 80's.....

    Comment

    • #3
      rorschach
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 4405

      Originally posted by tiger222
      My main gripe is the all plastic Mp5 buttstock is hard to remove and reinstall and align the rear take down pin. (finally figured out a trick to remove it easier....)
      My big gripe as well. Wiggle the stock from side to side??? Thats how I get mine to come off easier. I tried using an HK33 stock (plastic stock with steel receiver endcap) but it would not fit the V93 receiver. Other than that, I guess I have no gripes...

      personally i'd look for an off-list HK in 223 if you can afford it. but if you just want a blaster then its good.
      HK43 is just about the only option if you want a gennie unlisted HK in 5.56mm. They pop up from time to time on HKpro and sturmgewehr, but like you stated...be prepared to pay!!

      I have been pretty fortunate in that I have only had a few malfuntions (all FTE's) with Wolf, S&B and Ammo Bros recaps. My V93 loves AE and greentips, especially the Radway Green .223. I also got pretty good performance from some Israeli Winchester .223 stuff I had laying around here for a few years.
      L.A. County
      Mailed to LASD Hall of Justice: 6/27/2022 received:6/28
      Check cashed: 8/22/2022
      Livescan: 4/22/2023 DOJ 4/22 FBI 4/23 Firearms 4/26
      Call for interview: 5/24/2023 Interview: 5/31/2023
      PTT: 8/21/23 Training submitted 8/27/23
      Call for pickup 10/12/23 Pickup: 11/8/23

      Comment

      • #4
        PIRATE14
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 3189

        While, I do have a few nice HK rifles they are relegated to safe queens......$$$

        Nothin I've seen compares to the real deal......

        So to me, it doesn't really make sense to pay a lot of money for a copy to make it work......

        But to each his own.......

        The PTRs are okay they pass, plus the parts are new, not a franken rifle.....my .02.
        CHECKOUT...http://cwstactical.com FOR ALL YOUR CALIFORNIA LEGAL AR-AK-HK RIFLES and BUILDS...

        CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

        CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

        BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!

        Comment

        • #5
          tiger222
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 2396

          Originally posted by rorschach
          My big gripe as well. Wiggle the stock from side to side??? Thats how I get mine to come off easier. I tried using an HK33 stock (plastic stock with steel receiver endcap) but it would not fit the V93 receiver. Other than that, I guess I have no gripes....
          how I do it is take out the rear take down pin, then cock the handle back and lock it up, THEN remove the rear stock - a couple of wiggles and it's off!
          Seriously missing the 80's.....

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1