Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just got back from the range

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sgt Seahorse
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 81

    Just got back from the range

    These were my last 30 shots from 100yds at the Coyote Point range. 8 inch target shot with my Noveske N4 Rogue Hunter w/ EOtech holo-sight. I know i'm not the best shot out there, but let me know what you guys think.



    oh and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section ..
    sigpic
  • #2
    OutlawDon
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 3138

    I think you should post pics of the rifle.

    Comment

    • #3
      thevic
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 1910

      Did you enjoy shooting through that hole?
      Victor M.

      Spartan Precision Rifles 07 FFL/SOT
      Caldwell, ID

      Comment

      • #4
        Sgt Seahorse
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 81



        Here's the rifle. 16-inch barrel. Just wanna know if I'm doing ok or if I should be getting better grouping with these conditions. I know I pulled a couple shots, so nevermind those.
        Last edited by Sgt Seahorse; 11-03-2010, 11:56 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          9unknown
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 645

          Not that I'm the best shot, or one to be giving too much advice, but you may want to adjust your zero so the point of impact is up just a tad higher. You seem to be hitting a bit low is all. Sweet rifle btw
          "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition."
          -R. Kipling

          Comment

          • #6
            OutlawDon
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2006
            • 3138

            Originally posted by Sgt Seahorse
            Here's the rifle. 16-inch barrel. Just wanna know if I'm doing ok or if I should be getting better grouping with these conditions. I know I pulled a couple shots, so nevermind those.
            It's good given that you're using a non-magnified optic. How's your eyesight?

            Toss a decent powered scope on there and it'll get much tighter. Overall, you did well.

            Comment

            • #7
              IsaacGlass
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 2591

              What ammo brand and weight were you using?
              Last edited by IsaacGlass; 11-04-2010, 12:14 AM.

              Comment

              • #8
                sbsdexp1
                Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 107

                same prob with mine, I have an eotech 512 on my ar 16". I shoot a tad low at 100, but at 200 yds with no magnification im lucky to hit the target. Good job

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sgt Seahorse
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 81

                  Originally posted by IsaacGlass
                  What ammo brand and weight were you using?
                  Lake City 62 grain 5.56
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    IsaacGlass
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 2591

                    Originally posted by Sgt Seahorse
                    Lake City 62 grain 5.56
                    Looks like you have more zeroing to do. However, not at CP, it's hard to zero a rifle through that stupid hole. Try these ranges

                    A Safe Place to Shoot Since 1953—Now Easier to Access Than Ever


                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sgt Seahorse
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 81

                      Originally posted by sbsdexp1
                      same prob with mine, I have an eotech 512 on my ar 16". I shoot a tad low at 100, but at 200 yds with no magnification im lucky to hit the target. Good job
                      I know i was shooting low, but I forgot to adjust my sights for the last string. I've shot 200yds plenty of times, but with an M16 w/ 20" barrel. So I'm looking forward to see what I can do with at 16".
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sgt Seahorse
                        Junior Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 81

                        I don't like shooting through that "mail-slot" and the only reason I shoot there is because it's 15mins away from my house. I go to Richmond rod & gun on the weekends, but wanna check out the other ranges.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          -hanko
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jul 2002
                          • 14174

                          appleseed

                          -hanko
                          Last edited by -hanko; 11-04-2010, 2:07 PM.
                          True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                          Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                          Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                          A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            glockmeister
                            Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 278

                            I'd be happy with that. I can't seem to get my aimpoint to shoot tighter groups. It must be operator error.

                            Was this on a weeknight at CP? They are only open to the public on a few weeknights, right? And they are OLL friendly now? That's the nearest range to me.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              cgseanp1
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 4651

                              Originally posted by -hanko
                              appleseed

                              -hanko
                              what is this? Sure doesn't look like any kind of shooting range I've seen.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1