Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Aimpoint T1 Help, Please.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NewGunner
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 35

    Aimpoint T1 Help, Please.

    Hey all, I could use a little help before I pull the trigger on this purchase.

    I am about to order a T-1 but cannot decide on which Larue mount to get, the Tall or Absolute. The Tall mount would be more versatile (I think), if I wanted to move it to another rifle with fixed front sight.

    The rifle the optic is intended for is a flat top BCM lightweight 14.5" upper with 12" Lite Rail (flip down sights). I like the idea of the Absolute mount because of the weight (although it is probably not much of a savings).

    Primary purpose of this rifle is range, some tactical classes/comps, and the unlikely HD/SHTF. What would you do?

    Is it right to think that with the Absolute I would not have enough clearance for a X300 mounted at 12 o-clock? Thanks
    13
    Absolute
    0%
    2
    Tall
    0%
    11
  • #2
    technique
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2008
    • 10639

    tall
    California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
    Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

    I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

    Comment

    • #3
      tomd1584
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2008
      • 5895

      Right now i'm running Irons and a 12 o'clock mounted X300. They clear no problem. The Absolute should have no problem clearing the X300 either.

      Comment

      • #4
        i1800collect
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 1814

        I'd go tall.

        A little off topic, but why not save a little money and go with an H1?

        Comment

        • #5
          NewGunner
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 35

          I was thinking Tall was a better choice, good to have some reinforcement of that.
          T1 over H1 is $45 difference, while money certainly doesn't grow on trees for me, for that price it seems that the increased ability of the T1 isn't a bad thing. I would like to think I have the best, even if it won't do anything for my purposes functionally.

          Comment

          • #6
            pacrimguru
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2008
            • 3595

            TALL

            Comment

            • #7
              NewGunner
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 35

              Tall it is, order is in. That was quick, huh? Thanks guys, I can't wait for Santa (AKA Mr. UPS).

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1