Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger SR556 Trigger????????

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MrMarz408
    Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 133

    Ruger SR556 Trigger????????

    Whats up Calguners.
    Does anyone know if the trigger group for the SR556 AR are mili spec?
    I purchased a Mega Tactical trigger and it calls for a mili-spec trigger group.
    HELP HELP HELP. THANKS GUYS & GALS
  • #2
    CHS
    Moderator Emeritus
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2008
    • 11338

    The lower is a milspec lower and will take a standard trigger group. The bolt carrier is a non-shrouded very old-school type like the early Colt's and Bushmasters.

    If I were you I would return the Mega and get a better trigger. The Mega is 90% "looks cool" and 10% trigger improvement. If that.
    Last edited by CHS; 10-11-2010, 9:10 PM.
    Please read the Calguns Wiki
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

    Comment

    • #3
      MrMarz408
      Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 133

      Originally posted by bdsmchs
      The lower is a milspec lower and will take a standard trigger group. The bolt carrier is a non-shrouded very old-school type of like the early Colt's and Bushmasters.

      If I were you I would return the Mega and get a better trigger. The Mega is 90% "looks cool" and 10% trigger improvement. If that.
      I know its mostly looks but I've tried it b4 and it was decent. I'll eventually go with a timney skeleton style but those are way expensive. But $ is quality (most of the time).
      But your saying it will work with the stock hammer? Thanks

      Comment

      • #4
        CHS
        Moderator Emeritus
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2008
        • 11338

        Originally posted by MrMarz408
        I know its mostly looks but I've tried it b4 and it was decent. I'll eventually go with a timney skeleton style but those are way expensive. But $ is quality (most of the time).
        But your saying it will work with the stock hammer? Thanks
        The Mega is $100 and MARGINALLY better than stock.

        An RRA 2-stage is about $120 and TEN TIMES better than stock.

        But if all you care about is looks... Well have fun.
        Please read the Calguns Wiki
        Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
        --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

        Comment

        • #5
          tomd1584
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2008
          • 5895

          Originally posted by bdsmchs
          The Mega is $100 and MARGINALLY better than stock.

          An RRA 2-stage is about $120 and TEN TIMES better than stock.

          But if all you care about is looks... Well have fun.
          This is calguns, remember.

          Comment

          • #6
            IsaacGlass
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 2591

            Originally posted by tomd1584
            This is calguns, remember.
            Last edited by IsaacGlass; 10-12-2010, 12:14 AM.

            Comment

            • #7
              MrMarz408
              Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 133

              Just finished install.
              I'll be going to the range this weekend to test it out and see how it does. I did test fire the triggers B4 and after with my thumb in the way to prevent dry fire and there is a noticeable difference between the 2, not much but enough to get rid of that stock heavy pull feeling.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1