Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Muzzle brake recommendations for featureless AR build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gundam
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2004
    • 522

    Muzzle brake recommendations for featureless AR build

    What do you guys recommend for a comp for a featureless AR15 build? As much as I would like to go with the battlecomp, the $150 is just too steep. My budget is $100 or less. Recoil reduction for follow up shots takes priority, then concussion/blast. I don't want to annoy the piss out of fellow shooters.
  • #2
    i1800collect
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1814

    PWS TTO - MSRP is right at $100, you can find them cheaper online though.

    Primary Weapons Systems was formed by firearm enthusiasts in 2008. Starting out by producing muzzle devices, we tested our compensators on all different types of rifles - from M4/AR-15's to AK-47s. After using both styles of rifles in testing with high round counts, the difference in maintenance needed was both astounding. From that basic realization, the PWS long-stroke piston system was born; keeping the core values of the AR-15 design, while also lessening the need for maintenance in high-volume fire situations and adverse conditions.

    Comment

    • #3
      L4D
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3053

      JP Bennie Cooley, someone has one (NEW) for $75 shipped in the private sale section.
      RIP iTrader: Feedback Profile for L4D

      Comment

      • #4
        Agro
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 871

        If your spending about $100 anyhow, what is another $50. The BC seems pretty cool. You may wish you bought it after the fact.

        Comment

        • #5
          TeirHawg
          Member
          • Oct 2007
          • 197

          Looking for the same thing. Need a compensator for a featureless build. I plan to use a Sabre 14.5 barrel, so I'll need the comp attached permanently. Looking at 3 different comps:

          Rainer Arms XTC:


          Primary Weapons FSC556:


          Battle Comp 1.5:


          I'm leaning hard towards the Rainer Arms XTC. It is half the cost of the Battle Comp, and I've heard good things about it. Actually heard good things about the 3 listed here. I just need to find out if Rainer can remove a permanent muzzle device on a 14.5 barrel and install their comp. BTW, all pics linked are from Rainer's site.

          Comment

          • #6
            thrillhouse700
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 4349

            Originally posted by TeirHawg
            Looking for the same thing. Need a compensator for a featureless build. I plan to use a Sabre 14.5 barrel, so I'll need the comp attached permanently. Looking at 3 different comps:

            Rainer Arms XTC:


            Primary Weapons FSC556:


            Battle Comp 1.5:


            I'm leaning hard towards the Rainer Arms XTC. It is half the cost of the Battle Comp, and I've heard good things about it. Actually heard good things about the 3 listed here. I just need to find out if Rainer can remove a permanent muzzle device on a 14.5 barrel and install their comp. BTW, all pics linked are from Rainer's site.

            Pretty sure the first 2 on your list are comp/flash suppressors. The fins at the end are for suppressing flash. They may not be listed as one but I wouldn't take the chance.
            "I *love* the idea of DOJ buyback money being used to buy guns for kids. " - Steadyrock

            Comment

            • #7
              B yond
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2007
              • 575



              YHM Phantom Aggressive End Comp

              I like mine so far.
              "What concealed weapon? This identifies as an emotional support device."

              Comment

              • #8
                Gundam
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2004
                • 522

                Originally posted by thrillhouse700
                Pretty sure the first 2 on your list are comp/flash suppressors. The fins at the end are for suppressing flash. They may not be listed as one but I wouldn't take the chance.
                This. I wouldnt risk putting those on with the flash hider cuts. From what I've read, the TTO performs like the FSC without the flash hider fins at the tip.

                Comment

                • #9
                  cj cake
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 1370

                  Originally posted by B yond


                  YHM Phantom Aggressive End Comp

                  I like mine so far.
                  +10

                  I have one on a SU-16CA and I like it. Looks good too.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    i1800collect
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 1814

                    Originally posted by Gundam
                    This. I wouldnt risk putting those on with the flash hider cuts. From what I've read, the TTO performs like the FSC without the flash hider fins at the tip.
                    Yep, the PWS TTO is pretty much the FSC556 without the flash suppressing tines.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TeirHawg
                      Member
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 197

                      Originally posted by thrillhouse700
                      Pretty sure the first 2 on your list are comp/flash suppressors. The fins at the end are for suppressing flash. They may not be listed as one but I wouldn't take the chance.
                      Not sure what the "fins" have to do with anything.

                      Primary Weapons has written documentation from the Federal BATF that the FSC556 is classified as a non-flash suppressing device:
                      Primary Weapons Systems was formed by firearm enthusiasts in 2008. Starting out by producing muzzle devices, we tested our compensators on all different types of rifles - from M4/AR-15's to AK-47s. After using both styles of rifles in testing with high round counts, the difference in maintenance needed was both astounding. From that basic realization, the PWS long-stroke piston system was born; keeping the core values of the AR-15 design, while also lessening the need for maintenance in high-volume fire situations and adverse conditions.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JJ1911
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 597

                        Battle Comp. Get one.
                        The "best" handgun caliber debate rages on, meanwhile I just keep buying low recoil 00 buck.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          i1800collect
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 1814

                          Originally posted by TeirHawg
                          Not sure what the "fins" have to do with anything.

                          Primary Weapons has written documentation from the Federal BATF that the FSC556 is classified as a non-flash suppressing device:
                          http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/d...ATF_FSC556.pdf
                          This has been discussed many times before.







                          What BATFE has to say doesn't matter. How CADOJ sees it is what matters. Both the FSC556 and Rainier XTC have flash suppressing capabilities due to those tines at the end and they're marketed as having flash suppressing abilities. The current interpretation is that using either of those on a featureless build is extremely risky.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Fate
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 9545

                            ^^ agree.

                            The Battlecomp is ALSO open to potential felony creation of an assault weapon prosecution if used on a featureless build.
                            sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                            "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                            , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              The Bacon Eater
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 2332

                              I have the yhm muzzle break and its loud as hell with a nice concussion to it. I would get the todds tinny one.

                              Its made by pws and its a pws fsc556 with the tongs cut off. It does a great job and the concussion is not bad at all. It costs $100 though. I would just spring for the battlecomp if i had to buy another.
                              Calguns member formerly known as Long Beach

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1