Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which AK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ZX-10R
    Veteran Member
    • May 2010
    • 4122

    WASR fan here...Have had 2 and one PSL. All from Century and all very accurate. Screw the cry babies who do not know their arse from their finger saying WASRs suck...I refuse to buy a Saiga and convert it when a WASR will be just as accurate. My WASR is a beast with steel sights. I am shocked at its accuracy and took off the scope as a result.

    Another good AK pattern to look at is the Yugo M70. You will pain more but that is Milled as is the Polish.

    As one member said, you can clean up a WASR/ AK pattern to look great as well. Mine got tacticooled. However, it works for me and I like it.

    Good luck.

    Just look for canted FS, loose parts, smooth actions, cracks, wobbly magazine, matching parts, rust, firing pin has a good length, 1970 builds are the best later seem to have some issues. All my AK pattern were all 1970ish builds and all shoot smoothly and flawlessly. My WASR in WA would not cycle HP rounds though. The one I got from Riflegear is awesome.

    Good luck.
    USA**************************************************USA
    03 Chevy Trailblazer , 06 Kawi ZX-10R, 05 Kawi KX250F, 07 Yamaha YZ85 - PSL , AES-10B, (2x) WASR 10/63, Draco AK Pistol, Polish Underfolder, Polish Tantal, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, 1945 Izzy M44, 1936 Tula 91/30, Remington 870 Express, Smith and Wesson M&P 45, FN FNP-9, COLT 1911 XSE . NYC in CA. [COLOR="Red"][B]Obama S(_)[KS!
    Southwest Sales Manager -SolidWorks.

    Comment

    • #17
      Jayruta
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 1099

      If you do decide to get a Saiga, Hit me up I will help you convert it. We can do it in a day! Henderson Defense Certified WASR-10 are pretty cheep and are the way to go if you just want a AK type rifle that is guaranteed to function. But between my 1 WASR, 2 Home build's (Thanks to AK BP), and 3 Saiga Conversion's. My WASR does not compare to well to my other 5 AK I have.

      Comment

      • #18
        bigthaiboy
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • 4795

        Originally posted by ZX-10R
        Just look for canted FS, loose parts, smooth actions, cracks, wobbly magazine, matching parts, rust, firing pin has a good length, 1970 builds are the best later seem to have some issues. All my AK pattern were all 1970ish builds and all shoot smoothly and flawlessly. My WASR in WA would not cycle HP rounds though. The one I got from Riflegear is awesome.

        Good luck.

        WASR 10/63 built in the last two years, are built from a combination of new and de-milled, and mil rejected parts, on to new Century-marked dimpleless receivers. Just because the trunnion says "1970", it does NOT mean the rifle was built in 1970, just the de-milled parts used are from a 1970 rifle.

        Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

        Comment

        • #19
          ZX-10R
          Veteran Member
          • May 2010
          • 4122

          Originally posted by bigthaiboy
          WASR 10/63 built in the last two years, are built from a combination of new and de-milled, and mil rejected parts, on to new Century-marked dimpleless receivers. Just because the trunnion says "1970", it does NOT mean the rifle was built in 1970, just the de-milled parts used are from a 1970 rifle.
          Understood. Part quality should I rephrase. Lots of good info on AKForums regarding this. The OP should look into signing in at AK forum for insight on some of the AK pattern available to you.
          USA**************************************************USA
          03 Chevy Trailblazer , 06 Kawi ZX-10R, 05 Kawi KX250F, 07 Yamaha YZ85 - PSL , AES-10B, (2x) WASR 10/63, Draco AK Pistol, Polish Underfolder, Polish Tantal, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, 1945 Izzy M44, 1936 Tula 91/30, Remington 870 Express, Smith and Wesson M&P 45, FN FNP-9, COLT 1911 XSE . NYC in CA. [COLOR="Red"][B]Obama S(_)[KS!
          Southwest Sales Manager -SolidWorks.

          Comment

          • #20
            Poppy83
            Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 158

            Originally posted by SIGP226
            Is there any decent complete AKs for around 500-600 bucks?
            I cannot vouch for them, but I've seen a lot of Calgunners recommending the following AK from Henderson Defense.

            Comment

            • #21
            • #22
              Nor-Cal
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 1235

              Makes me want a AK, hopefully for christmas?
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #23
                SIGP226
                Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 322

                Originally posted by Jayruta
                If you do decide to get a Saiga, Hit me up I will help you convert it. We can do it in a day! Henderson Defense Certified WASR-10 are pretty cheep and are the way to go if you just want a AK type rifle that is guaranteed to function. But between my 1 WASR, 2 Home build's (Thanks to AK BP), and 3 Saiga Conversion's. My WASR does not compare to well to my other 5 AK I have.
                I think I will be getting a Saiga, and if you can help that would be awesome. Im in mira mesa!

                Comment

                • #24
                  SIGP226
                  Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 322

                  I can just feel my wallet getting slimmer.

                  Comment

                  • #25
                    Jayruta
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 1099

                    Originally posted by SIGP226
                    I think I will be getting a Saiga, and if you can help that would be awesome. Im in mira mesa!
                    Hit me up brother, I will get you going in the right direction!!!

                    Comment

                    • #26
                      Farva
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 844

                      I have A WASR10 from Henderson and the Arsenal, both are sweet guns. The WASR isnt close to the Arsenal in terms of quality and 'coolness', but the WASR shoots pretty darn well and for a $450 price tag, you really cant go wrong for a starter. If you wanna spend an extra couple hundred bucks for a nicer quality AK, pick up the Arsenal or convert a Saiga. Either way you really cant go wrong, I like treating the WASR like crap, throwing it around, never cleaning it, and just overall treating it like trash while watching it still function and shoot every trigger pull. I dont have the heart to do that with the Arsenal.
                      Last edited by Farva; 08-31-2010, 3:03 AM.
                      Free Candy

                      Comment

                      • #27
                        rt55c
                        Junior Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 20

                        http://personalsecurityzone.com/cgi-...roductID=40012 This site is one to look at too

                        Comment

                        • #28
                          SMG_VII
                          Junior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 35

                          I saw that I am wondering how it's legal. Aren't Arsenal receivers on the ban-list?

                          Comment

                          • #29
                            C.W.M.V.
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 4647

                            Originally posted by SMG_VII
                            I saw that I am wondering how it's legal. Aren't Arsenal receivers on the ban-list?
                            I have wondered this as well, they are named on the list, so how are they getting here?

                            On a side note I have a Saiga 5.45, but will soon likely be purchasing certified 5.45 and 7.62 WASR's. I already have a PSL and a Draco on the way, might as well get the whole damn Romanian AK family tree. Honestly if they are built half as well as my PSL is I will be more than pleased. After everything Ive read it seems like the majority of WASR owners are more than happy with their purchase.

                            Comment

                            • #30
                              SJgunguy24
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2008
                              • 14849

                              Originally posted by SMG_VII
                              I saw that I am wondering how it's legal. Aren't Arsenal receivers on the ban-list?
                              SLR yes, SGL no.
                              There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
                              The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
                              The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
                              The others, well......they just never learn.

                              "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
                              Patrick Henry.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1