Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Keyholing question.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pontiacpratt
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 1663

    Keyholing question.

    AR guru's I need some help here.
    I was shooting my AR yesterday and looking at the target I found one keyhole. My Question is: Is this indicative of a growing issue with my hardware or can this just happen as a fluke?
    Accuracy isn't noticeably effected. Muzzle crown appears to be undamaged
    Gun info:
    CMMG 16" 1/9 Chrome lined barrel with a YHM Phantom flash hider. about 2000 rounds down the pipe
    Ammo:
    Tula 55 grain steel case .223
    Thanks guys.
    A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
    -Marko Kloos
  • #2
    CSACANNONEER
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2006
    • 44094

    Only one? I'm going to guess that you were at a range and someone else fired the shot that happened to make it to your target. Or, it could have been a poorly made bullet that was severly off balance, undersized, wrong bullet for your twist rate, etc. Check your muzzle by doing a simple bullet test. If it fails, obviously, your barrel is shot out. If it passes, go back and try it again. My best WAG is that you just got a bad projectile in the cheap arse ammo you were shooting.
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor


    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

    sigpic
    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

    KM6WLV

    Comment

    • #3
      pontiacpratt
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 1663

      Bullet test? I'm unfamiliar with that.
      I kinda figured that it was the cheap ammo. My buddy suggested that the bullet was out of balance. Thanks you CSACANNONEER for reaffirming my suspicions
      A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
      -Marko Kloos

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1