Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

poly tech aks-762

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JaMail
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1897

    poly tech aks-762

    I'm curios as to how much one of these is worth. It's everything but the receiver. Unfired, red furniture, fixed stock.

    Are these kit's worth much?


    I've seen some weird prices on gunbroker.
    Jason M- My 5 year old is a NRA life member, are you?

    WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)
  • #2
    Pvt. Cowboy
    Banned
    • Oct 2006
    • 2688

    'Red furniture'? So it's a fixed wooden stock with wooden handguards and they're red? None of these parts are Bakelite plastic?

    Barrel has spike bayonet? Bolt carrier is bright and chromed or a dull silver satin color?

    Can you provide pics?

    Comment

    • #3
      darkest2000
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 1413

      If by "red" he meant bakelite, I've never seen one that's equipped with a spike, or fixed butt for that matter...
      www.collectordesignwerks.com

      Comment

      • #4
        Pvt. Cowboy
        Banned
        • Oct 2006
        • 2688

        Originally posted by darkest2000
        If by "red" he meant bakelite, I've never seen one that's equipped with a spike, or fixed butt for that matter...
        I've fairly certain there were no red Bakelite pre-ban Chinese AKM semis with a spike bayonet that were imported that way, but there was the Norinco Type 56S-3 which had a fixed red Bakelite stock but no provision for a bayonet. They are quite rare.

        This parts kit sounds like it's had a home gunsmithing project inflicted upon it if it's indeed a real Polytech. Only other thing it could be is a carved up Legend model.

        Pics would answer a lot of questions if the OP had some for us.

        Comment

        • #5
          darkest2000
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 1413

          A legend model would be marked AK47 or AK47/S instead of AKS-762, would it not?
          www.collectordesignwerks.com

          Comment

          • #6
            Pvt. Cowboy
            Banned
            • Oct 2006
            • 2688

            Originally posted by darkest2000
            A legend model would be marked AK47 or AK47/S instead of AKS-762, would it not?
            I dunno. What would a Legend model with no receiver be marked?

            Comment

            • #7
              darkest2000
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2006
              • 1413

              Originally posted by Pvt. Cowboy
              I dunno. What would a Legend model with no receiver be marked?
              Well, the title of the thread indicated that it is (was) a AKS-762, and I think it's safe to assume by that the seller meant that's the model marked on the receiver prior to it being demilled.

              I'm just using the same logic to conclude that we can rule out the possibility of it being a legend model, because legend models are marked AK47 or AK47/S, not AKS-762. at least the ones I've seen.
              www.collectordesignwerks.com

              Comment

              • #8
                Pvt. Cowboy
                Banned
                • Oct 2006
                • 2688

                We haven't got enough information to assume anything, I don't think. Maybe he'll have some pics when he returns.

                Anyway, he's got an answer about price someone else came up with. I'd say that it's pretty much in the ballpark for a good pre-ban parts kit.

                Comment

                • #9
                  JaMail
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 1897

                  i should have pictures by tomorrow night, its currently out of state, still in one peice. someone owes me money, offered me this in trade, i did the basic research and saw its banned by name.

                  i was wondering if it would be worth it to me to take the parts and build a Cali AK out of it.


                  thanks for all the replies.
                  Jason M- My 5 year old is a NRA life member, are you?

                  WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    darkest2000
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 1413

                    Originally posted by JaMail
                    i should have pictures by tomorrow night, its currently out of state, still in one peice. someone owes me money, offered me this in trade, i did the basic research and saw its banned by name.

                    i was wondering if it would be worth it to me to take the parts and build a Cali AK out of it.


                    thanks for all the replies.
                    If it's out of state and still in one piece, please don't chop it up. Sell it or trade it for something else. They aren't bringing anymore of those in you know, and you'd just basically be tossing $$ down the toilet since they're obviously worth a lot more as a complete gun than just a pile of parts.
                    www.collectordesignwerks.com

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Pvt. Cowboy
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 2688

                      Originally posted by JaMail
                      i should have pictures by tomorrow night, its currently out of state, still in one peice. someone owes me money, offered me this in trade, i did the basic research and saw its banned by name.

                      i was wondering if it would be worth it to me to take the parts and build a Cali AK out of it.
                      I'm not helping you anymore.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JaMail
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 1897

                        my apologies for even suggesting taking apart a collectible like this, i withdraw all my previous remarks.
                        Jason M- My 5 year old is a NRA life member, are you?

                        WTB: Stoeger Condor Competition Combo (I'll trade 1911's or other handguns)

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          69Mach1
                          Super Moderator
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 15032

                          Originally posted by JaMail
                          my apologies for even suggesting taking apart a collectible like this, i withdraw all my previous remarks.
                          Thank god. Do not touch that rare Polytech. Wait for the disintegration of the CA AW ban.
                          Last edited by 69Mach1; 08-12-2010, 9:44 AM.
                          sigpic
                          69Mach1
                          munkeeboi
                          TURBOELKY
                          antix2
                          WTSGDYBBR
                          tujungatoes
                          jmpgnr24K

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Pvt. Cowboy
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 2688

                            There are still options for anyone who wants to make a semi Chinese AKM if they don't want to use Eastern Bloc (Hungarian/Romanian/Bulgarian) parts.

                            Polytech Parts seems to still have some AK inventory.

                            I guess that all you'd really need is a 1.5mm wall domestic AK receiver and correct trunnion with enough 922(r) parts to work with a Polytech/Norinco barrel and bolt carrier.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Steyr_223
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Sep 2002
                              • 9480

                              It's the best of the banned AKs..I love them, up there with the Hungarian SA85M's.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1