Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Featureless AR 15

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • para38super
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 614

    Featureless AR 15

    Can you guys please show me your featureless AR? What upper and what lower? Can you school me on Featureless. What do I have to add or remove?
    I know the basics: No Colapsable stock, not flash hider, pistol grip. Is their anythin else I am missing?
  • #2
    jdberger
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Oct 2005
    • 8944

    Start with the Flow Chart.

    Then migrate over to the "Lets see your .223 California Legal Self Loading Rifle!" thread to see some examples.
    Rest in Peace - Andrew Breitbart. A true student of Alinsky.

    90% of winning is simply showing up.

    "Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

    sigpic
    NRA Benefactor Member

    Comment

    • #3
      mif_slim
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Apr 2008
      • 10089

      Originally posted by lowracer
      Featureless Rifle - (Also known as a "Fully Functional Rifle" or "Full Capacity Rifle") You have removed all evil features, so you can use your legally-owned high-capacity magazines (or drums) and you can drop the mag with a finger press, the way nature and Eugene Stoner intended. A Featureless rifle lets you load a lot more ammunition than fixed-mag rifles. It frees you from that 10 round limit, and there'll be no poking your rifle with the tip of a bullet.

      The "Evil" Features

      * Pistol Grip.
      * Thumbhole Stock.
      * Folding or Telescoping Stock.
      * Grenade Launcher or Flare Launcher.
      * Flash Suppressor.
      * Forward Pistol Grip.

      The hardest of these to replace is the pistol grip. There are products out there to do this, however, unfortunately I can't think of any offhand....





      Collapsible stock's OK as long as it's pinned so it can't adjust:



      Upper and lower don't really matter so much as long as the lower is off-list. See the Calguns flowchart for the list of prohibited ones.

      Here is a thread which has lots of photos of featureless rifles in it: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=253777
      I like the second one. Know the maker?
      Originally posted by Gottmituns
      It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

      Comment

      • #4
        jdberger
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Oct 2005
        • 8944

        Somehow I see this thread becoming a giant advertisement for Exile Machine....

        Rest in Peace - Andrew Breitbart. A true student of Alinsky.

        90% of winning is simply showing up.

        "Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

        sigpic
        NRA Benefactor Member

        Comment

        • #5
          killshot44
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 4072

          Man those are ugly........

          Para38: Sounds like you already know the answer.

          A better-looking option: http://www.solartactical.com/product...&categoryId=19

          Comment

          • #6
            mif_slim
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Apr 2008
            • 10089

            Originally posted by killshot44
            Man those are ugly........

            Para38: Sounds like you already know the answer.

            A better-looking option: http://www.solartactical.com/product...&categoryId=19
            I looked into that option, but Im a lefty. I held one and it does not fit well in my hand. They guy said I can just scoot the handle over..but it felt the same. Reason why I dont want one of those. But I agree, they do look better.
            Originally posted by Gottmituns
            It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

            Comment

            • #7
              mif_slim
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Apr 2008
              • 10089

              Originally posted by lowracer
              Exile Machine LLC makes that one. www.exilemachine.com
              That's an ACE AR-UL-E Stock, Inverted, attached to the Exile Machine Hammerhead, + a Rock River Arms Pistol Buffer Tube.
              Kaiser Defense CALGUNS.NET Bear/Star lower, RRA Upper.
              Thanks! I checked the site, but no price.. how much is it?
              Originally posted by Gottmituns
              It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

              Comment

              • #8
                DougJ
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 1812

                I've got some pics of the one I built recently. I'll post a couple up after I get home.
                01001001 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01001110 01001111 00100000 01001100 01001111 01001110 01000111 01000101 01010010 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01101100 01111001

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sheepdog1968
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 1903

                  If we were living in a different state I wouldn't respond this way. If this weapon is to have a role for home defense in CA don't go w an AR. The mods redce its usefullness. There was a post not that long ago from someone who lives in a remote area. He came home and thought someone was inside his house. To the point where he grabbed his AR in the detached garage. He suddenly realized how inadequate the weapon felt with the Monsterman grip in a real situation. Turned out it was nothing other than his dogs. However, at a moment of truth, his CA compliant ar didn't cut it for him. In CA I'd reccomend a keltec, mini-14 or 30, M1A, or that new benelli rifle. Outside CA the AR is a viable choice. IMO its not in CA for self defense. If its just a range gun then fine. Howecer, why not go the route of the 22 LRs that are all tricked out.
                  RIP Louis Awerbuck. I miss you and your training.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Fate
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 9545

                    Or make your own



                    Originally posted by Sheepdog1968
                    If we were living in a different state I wouldn't respond this way. If this weapon is to have a role for home defense in CA don't go w an AR. The mods redce its usefullness. There was a post not that long ago from someone who lives in a remote area. He came home and thought someone was inside his house. To the point where he grabbed his AR in the detached garage. He suddenly realized how inadequate the weapon felt with the Monsterman grip in a real situation. Turned out it was nothing other than his dogs. However, at a moment of truth, his CA compliant ar didn't cut it for him. In CA I'd reccomend a keltec, mini-14 or 30, M1A, or that new benelli rifle. Outside CA the AR is a viable choice. IMO its not in CA for self defense. If its just a range gun then fine. Howecer, why not go the route of the 22 LRs that are all tricked out.
                    Contrary to sheepdog's anecdotal "evidence", a properly configured "featureless" rifle suffers no drop off in usefulness. The above photo isn't the current state of my rifle. It's gotten even better (going to take some new pics in a day or so). One handed operation is simple. I ran a MMG for awhile and never really liked it. So I made my own, to my own specs and it doesn't suffer the same drawbacks as a MMG. Running it in "free state mode" with a normal Pistol Grip while in Nevada, I didn't notice any real improvement in handling or capabilities. I'd much rather have an AR-type rifle than a keltec or mini. M1As are nice, but would be overkill in a HD or CQB scenario. While my primary HD weapon is a .45, backed up by an 870, I would not feel inadequate at all with my featureless rifle in hand.
                    Last edited by Fate; 03-24-2010, 2:50 PM.
                    sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                    "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                    , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mif_slim
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 10089

                      Yes, in CA I wouldnt be grabing my AR, not even my SU, SKS, or any type of rifle. I'd go for the SG first.
                      Originally posted by Gottmituns
                      It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        odysseus
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 10407

                        Originally posted by Sheepdog1968
                        If we were living in a different state I wouldn't respond this way. If this weapon is to have a role for home defense in CA don't go w an AR. The mods redce its usefullness. There was a post not that long ago from someone who lives in a remote area. He came home and thought someone was inside his house. To the point where he grabbed his AR in the detached garage. He suddenly realized how inadequate the weapon felt with the Monsterman grip in a real situation.
                        I have a mix, as I also have a Reg AW since I got into ARs before the Cali ban and have loads of 30rnd mags. So I also have some OLLs (Thanks CalGuns!) for fun which are ALL featureless since I have always had legal large caps. While certainly not as good as a true pistol grip, my monsterman rifles can be worked fine. You just need to be comfortable with them. My weld/hold with them is different, and though I would prefer a true pistol grip with them, I wouldn't somehow have some kind of panic problem using them in defense. You need to spend some time with the rifle. Heck - there are some guys in here competing 3-Gun matches and other shoot meets with featureless rifles with MM's or other grip systems. YMMV.
                        "Just leave me alone, I know what to do." - Kimi Raikkonen

                        The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
                        - John Adams

                        http://www.usdebtclock.org/

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SuperSet
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 9048

                          If he feels inadequate with his chosen weapon system, he should find one that'll work better for him. I doubt anyone that's trained and practiced with their featureless would have any issues bringing their weapons to bear. in fact, I'd venture to guess that even though there are more BB builds than featureless by the numbers, the ones showing up in training classes and competition are largely RAWs and featureless.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ae13291
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 556

                            so a regular muzzle brake is fine but a flash suppressor is illegal right?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Gio
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10251

                              Originally posted by ae13291
                              so a regular muzzle brake is fine but a flash suppressor is illegal right?
                              Yup, also make sure it is not on the DOJ List of FH like the PWS FSC556. For some reason it was deemed a FH, even though it is a Comp/Brake

                              Here is a picture of my old setup, sold the upper and waiting to get a new one.


                              Pinned Stock, Solar Tactical Grip Wrap, and Miculek Compensator

                              -Gio
                              Last edited by Gio; 03-24-2010, 4:18 PM.
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1