Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hakim Issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JesseXXX
    Senior Member
    • May 2006
    • 765

    Hakim Issue

    I just got a complete front band-bayonet-screw for my Hakim (yee pee!! ) ... anyhow.... when I put everything together, the screw does NOT engage and hold down.... what I'm I doing wrong....? Are the threads thrashed....? I tried screwing in the srew without the bayonet to see how deep it goes and it does not engage....?

    Thanks.... any help would be appreciated it....

    Jesse!
  • #2
    6mmAI
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 56

    Originally posted by JesseXXX
    I just got a complete front band-bayonet-screw for my Hakim (yee pee!! ) ... anyhow.... when I put everything together, the screw does NOT engage and hold down.... what I'm I doing wrong....? Are the threads thrashed....? I tried screwing in the srew without the bayonet to see how deep it goes and it does not engage....?

    Thanks.... any help would be appreciated it....

    Jesse!
    Either you lost the nut that lays captive in the slot inside the stock (like a Mauser has) or the nut is stripped. Take the handguard off and see what the screw is going into. The nut should be a square of metal with a hole in it.

    Comment

    • #3
      JesseXXX
      Senior Member
      • May 2006
      • 765

      Nothing....

      There's nothing there... I just installed a long wood screw.... hopefully it'll work..

      Thanks buddy....
      Jesse!

      Comment

      • #4
        Steyr_223
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2002
        • 9480

        The Gunboards Egyptian Firearms Forum is a good resource for Hakims and Rashids..

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1