Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DROS again for replacement lower

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • djslik
    Member
    • May 2005
    • 387

    DROS again for replacement lower

    I sent my blemished lower back to JD Machine Tech and they said they would replace the unit for free since my unit was defective. The question is will I have to pay for another DROS if they replace my defective unit with a new one. If that is the case I would rather have them refinish the unit. Hell it might be cheaper to send it in to CCR to have them refinish the unit.
    -DJ
  • #2
    freonr22
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2008
    • 12948

    you should be able to request same sn#
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dantodd
    We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
    Originally posted by bwiese
    They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
    Originally posted by louisianagirl
    Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.

    Comment

    • #3
      djslik
      Member
      • May 2005
      • 387

      I'll have to call them after SHOT Show and see if they can give me the same serial number and scrap my unit. This is a Calguns Lower so I think they have some in their stock they wanted to send as a replacement. Hopefully they don't have the serial numbers stamped yet, but I will have to check.
      -DJ

      Comment

      • #4
        Cokebottle
        Señor Member
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2009
        • 32373

        Ya, if it is a "repair return" they should ship it directly to you.
        There may be a procedure on JD's end for documenting the replacement of SN-0001 with SN-0002.
        - Rich

        Originally posted by dantodd
        A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

        Comment

        • #5
          ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          well, if it is a Calguns lower, wouldn't it be a Kaiser Defense lower? If so, I don't think that JD can replace your lower with the same serial number and still be a KD lower. I think the KD books are closed. They could make you a new lower, but it would be a JD lower, or they could give you a new KD lower, but it would have a different serial number on it. They won't have KD lowers laying around without a serial number on it.
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • #6
            djslik
            Member
            • May 2005
            • 387

            Kaiser Defense is now dissolved and no longer in business. JD Machine is 1 part of the former company known as Kaiser Defense and has since taken over operations at the San Diego location for Kaiser Defense. Riflegear specifically instructed me to contact JD Machine for any warranty issues regarding the Calguns Lowers. I'm not sure if this affects the replacement. It's a good point you bring up since KD is no longer in business though.
            -DJ

            Comment

            • #7
              Cokebottle
              Señor Member
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2009
              • 32373

              Curious... what is the nature of the defect? Is it functional or cosmetic?

              Since the CGN lower is somewhat of a collectable now, I'd be tempted to simply frame the CGN lower and purchase a new JD for the build.

              I'm even considering that for my own CGN lower, simply because I've decided to do an FDE build, but I don't want to paint the CGN lower.
              - Rich

              Originally posted by dantodd
              A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

              Comment

              • #8
                djslik
                Member
                • May 2005
                • 387

                It has some pitting on several sections of the lower so it is purely cosmetic. The guys at JD machine think it was a defect in the anodizing process probably during curing. If it turns out I have to DROS the lower again I might as well spend the $65 and use it to get CCR to do an Olive Drab Cera-Hide finish. But I still have hopes that I can get this resolved for free or maybe the cost of shipping.
                -DJ

                Comment

                • #9
                  Army
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3915

                  Slap a little Bondo on it and paint it fancy, it'll be fine
                  "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    djslik
                    Member
                    • May 2005
                    • 387

                    I wanted the Calguns Lower to be my collectors/safe queen AR because it's matching up with my White Oak Arms Varmint Upper so this thing will pretty much be babied. I have 2 other AR's that can be roughed up.

                    ARMY- so you're a SLOcal. I love San Luis Obispo and graduated from Poly in 05.
                    -DJ

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      McCrown
                      Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 418

                      Thinkin of SLO makes me miss The Shack, Firestone, and Pint Night.

                      Grad from Poly 06

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        djslik
                        Member
                        • May 2005
                        • 387

                        I miss Splash Clam Chowder the most.
                        -DJ

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Army
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3915

                          Originally posted by djslik
                          I wanted the Calguns Lower to be my collectors/safe queen AR because it's matching up with my White Oak Arms Varmint Upper so this thing will pretty much be babied. I have 2 other AR's that can be roughed up.

                          ARMY- so you're a SLOcal. I love San Luis Obispo and graduated from Poly in 05.
                          Yep. Been here since 1961.
                          "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            coop44
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 1445

                            if they were still in business it would not be a problem, no dros.
                            "There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws" From Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1