Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

80% ar receiver

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flying_clutchman
    Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 427

    80% ar receiver

    I just have a quick question for you guys, after going back and forth a million times on what kind of gun to build i have finally decided on a AR in 7.62x39. My question is, when it comes to 80% receivers, does it have to be billet? I have seen billet ones, some that are drop forged, and I have seen some that have the appearance of being casted. As far as safety goes, does it make a difference on a AR platform?

    Clutchman
    "I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." -Gen. N. Schwarzkopf
  • #2
    gunrun45
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 2018

    nope. the lower on an ar is a low stress item. i've owned all 3 plus ones in stainless & ceramic coated. the stainless was the worst due to weight
    Murphy's Law - What can happen will happen at the least opportune moment

    Comment

    • #3
      MilSim
      Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 214

      I used a cast unit, for a 5.45x39 build. I guess its more of final appearance. Some are stronger than others but do you plan on trying to knock down doors with it?
      "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
      - Clint Eastwood
      "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1