Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

4473 form?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BRANDON7766
    Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 380

    4473 form?

    what is a 4473 form? If I buy a danel defense gun right now I can get a 250 gift card and I found one online for 1295, trying to figure out if I could get it or not.

    Thx
  • #2
    technique
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2008
    • 10639

    its the form you fill out to buy a gun at the shop.
    California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
    Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

    I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

    Comment

    • #3
      BRANDON7766
      Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 380

      so if I buy it online and have it shipped to an FFL would I get this form from the final FFL or from the place that I purchased (out of state)

      Comment

      • #4
        ke6guj
        Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Nov 2003
        • 23725

        you fill it out at the final FFL, at your local gun shop. They'll have you fill out the 4473 and the DROS (Dealer record of sale) as well.

        this is what it looks like, http://www.atf.gov/press/2008press/1...sample-rev.pdf
        Jack



        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

        Comment

        • #5
          lorax3
          Super Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2009
          • 4633

          Originally posted by BRANDON7766
          so if I buy it online and have it shipped to an FFL would I get this form from the final FFL or from the place that I purchased (out of state)
          You would fill it out when you go into your local FFL.

          1. You would pay the online retailer.
          2. The online retailer will ship the gun to your local FFL.
          3. The local FFL will probably charge you a transfer fee which averages about 50$. (Depends on the FFL)
          4.You will fill out the federal 4473. It used to always be yellow, sometimes it is white.
          5. You will also need to pay the 25$ CA DROS fee.
          6. Wait ten days.
          7. Pick up gun.
          Last edited by lorax3; 11-08-2009, 5:04 PM.
          You think you know, but you have no idea.

          The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.

          Comment

          • #6
            paladin4415
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 814

            I don't know where you're located or which DD rifle you want, but RifleGear in Costa Mesa has many in stock and also offers the $250.00 card.
            sigpic
            One guy walks over to the black rifle area and starts gazing. An employee asked him if he knew what he wanted. The guy answered "Not sure......definitely something black.............and short...............and tactical."

            "I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
            -Mark Twain

            Comment

            • #7
              Requiem
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 1725

              Originally posted by paladin4415
              I don't know where you're located or which DD rifle you want, but RifleGear in Costa Mesa has many in stock and also offers the $250.00 card.
              The DD gift card is nationwide as I understand it. All you have to do is send a copy of the 4473 to DD and they give you the gift card (that's what the website says).
              .

              Comment

              • #8
                Bucky G
                Banned
                • Oct 2009
                • 483

                Originally posted by BRANDON7766
                what is a 4473 form? If I buy a danel defense gun right now I can get a 250 gift card and I found one online for 1295, trying to figure out if I could get it or not.

                Thx
                I thought I saw the Daniel Defense DDXV for under a grand at Peach State

                Comment

                • #9
                  adam12
                  Member
                  • May 2009
                  • 245

                  You are correct we have the DDXV for $949.00 and the DDM4 for $1295.00 plus Cali compliance and shipping. www.peachstateguns.com

                  Adam
                  678-660-2000
                  Adam Burkhalter
                  www.peachstateguns.com
                  678-660-2000 Phone
                  678-660-2010 Fax
                  adam@peachstateguns.com

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1