Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

POF having problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • newgun
    In Memoriam
    • Dec 2008
    • 153

    POF having problems

    I bought a POF lower with a DPMS parts kit. I was told that it all fits and works. This is not true. after you buy the lower you have to buy another kit from POF, then the roll pins in the DPMS parts kit are to small, now I have to find some one who make the right ones, any help would be appriciated. The triger in the DPMS parts kit does not fit right either, when trying to insert the release into the triger, it does not have any movement to it, no need for a spring right? I am assuming something was not made right, anyways what a mess, I am about to rename POF to something else. Anybody else had these problems and if so what was the fix?
    NEVER MIND THE GUN ?THE DOG LOOKS HUNGRY!
  • #2
    eaglemike
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2008
    • 3958

    Do you have the .223/5.56 version, or the .308 lower? I've helped a few people build the small frame POF lowers with zero issues. We used RRA and CMMG parts kits. I'm guessing Stag would have worked as well, used those on other lowers. Depending on where you live, there might be someone near that can help. You might have a lower that's out of tolerance, but I'd try some other parts first.

    all the best,
    Mike
    There are some people that it's just not worth engaging.

    It's a muzzle BRAKE, not a muzzle break. Or is your muzzle tired?

    Comment

    • #3
      osis32
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2009
      • 5912

      damn thats bull****. you might have the wrong type of parts kit like mentioned. make sure to ***** out pof about it though they charge big bucks everything should work right.
      Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

      Comment

      • #4
        $P-Ritch$
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 1267

        If it is a .223 lower what gen is it?

        I just put together my first lower last month with a gen I POF and a DPMS kit and I had zero issues.

        I remember reading the reviews on midway about some of the DPMS kits that were going out shouldn't have passed the QC checks. That was back when the Obama rush was in full effect though.
        RLTW

        WTB: AMD 65 parts kit with original barrel

        Interested in a Front Sight Diamond membership? PM me.

        Comment

        • #5
          newgun
          In Memoriam
          • Dec 2008
          • 153

          It appears I was sold a DPMS 308 parts kit. Wromg one! I called chris at POF he said I have to use the AR parts kit, ok well I ordered the Bushmaster kit, that is what POF uses so I will try again, When this is over I will know exactly what stuff fits and what doesnt. Thanks for the imput
          NEVER MIND THE GUN ?THE DOG LOOKS HUNGRY!

          Comment

          • #6
            DirtRacer151
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 2713

            I have 4 POF lowers and not one has had problems with LPK fitment
            Visit our forum at- http://www.socalprecisionforum.com/index.php

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1