Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mag Coupler legality

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • brendog10
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 34

    Mag Coupler legality

    So, I'm new to the AK scene (Just Bought a Saiga .223) . And have thus far been surprised to find many things I thought would be legal To in-fact not be. And I try to do my research when Guns are concerned. So I thought I would ask. Are Mag Couplers CA legal?
  • #2
    CSACANNONEER
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2006
    • 44094

    They are perfectly fine to use but, WHY? Do you really want to be looked at as a mall ninja?
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor


    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

    sigpic
    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

    KM6WLV

    Comment

    • #3
      Peter W Bush
      Calguns Supreme Overlord
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2009
      • 4727

      you have an AK. Your mag coupler is duct tape.
      Will trade liquor/wine/beer for parts and accesories and ammo! PM me. Dont drink n shoot. Offer void where prohibited. Must be 21 or older, etc. etc.

      Originally posted by TURBOELKY
      Well, glad you got the kit anyways, I'm sure I'll fondle it a little in the near future..... oh God, that's going to be in somebody's signature....:D
      Originally posted by TURBOELKY
      put me in line, but if Peter W. Bush takes it, I need to be removed from his Signature line.......:D

      Comment

      • #4
        supermario
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 4569

        Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
        They are perfectly fine to use but, WHY? Do you really want to be looked at as a mall ninja?
        Just curious but why is that mall ninja.. What if you have a saiga for home defense becus you dont have to have a dumb bb on it and you just want to
        have detachable mags and you also want a mag coupler for its convenience.. Mall ninja is having a flashlight, buis, red dot, forward grip, tons of rail and rail covers, a sling, and to top it off, a tool to remove your 10rnd mag I dont think mag coupler are mall ninja, i dont have any either, just saying.

        Comment

        • #5
          joelukehart
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2008
          • 977

          Brendog is just being cautious about the stupid draconian gun laws in CA. Mag couplers are cool on detachable mag Saiga's but I would not have them on a fixed mag OLL. Better safe than sorry.

          Comment

          • #6
            brendog10
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 34

            Thanks guy's. And that's exactly it. I want the ability to have a few extra rounds handy . Without the Bullet button and extreme Tactical rail thing going on. Not to say there is anything wrong with that. I just like the stock Saiga. Mainly I just want to make sure that if I go out to the range I won't be arrested for connecting two legal magazines.

            Comment

            • #7
              CSACANNONEER
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2006
              • 44094

              Originally posted by supermario
              Just curious but why is that mall ninja.. What if you have a saiga for home defense becus you dont have to have a dumb bb on it and you just want to
              have detachable mags and you also want a mag coupler for its convenience.. Mall ninja is having a flashlight, buis, red dot, forward grip, tons of rail and rail covers, a sling, and to top it off, a tool to remove your 10rnd mag I dont think mag coupler are mall ninja, i dont have any either, just saying.
              I think it's definately more of a tacticool thing. If I had to use my Saiga for HD, I'd feel very comfortable with only one mag on the gun. If I needed more than 30 rounds, I probably should have learned to shoot better and never have gotten myself into the situation in the first place. Then again, if the OP doesn't have 30 round mags, I still don't see why anyone with a half assed idea of how to shoot a rifle would need more than 10 rounds. But, if the OP is planning on being invaded by zombies, I could see him wanting an extra mag close at hand.
              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
              California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
              Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
              Utah CCW Instructor


              Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

              sigpic
              CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

              KM6WLV

              Comment

              • #8
                tomd1584
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2008
                • 5895

                Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                I think it's definately more of a tacticool thing. If I had to use my Saiga for HD, I'd feel very comfortable with only one mag on the gun. If I needed more than 30 rounds, I probably should have learned to shoot better and never have gotten myself into the situation in the first place. Then again, if the OP doesn't have 30 round mags, I still don't see why anyone with a half assed idea of how to shoot a rifle would need more than 10 rounds. But, if the OP is planning on being invaded by zombies, I could see him wanting an extra mag close at hand.
                OR maybe he wants it for a carbine class?

                Comment

                • #9
                  supermario
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4569

                  Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                  I think it's definately more of a tacticool thing. If I had to use my Saiga for HD, I'd feel very comfortable with only one mag on the gun. If I needed more than 30 rounds, I probably should have learned to shoot better and never have gotten myself into the situation in the first place. Then again, if the OP doesn't have 30 round mags, I still don't see why anyone with a half assed idea of how to shoot a rifle would need more than 10 rounds. But, if the OP is planning on being invaded by zombies, I could see him wanting an extra mag close at hand.

                  I understand your view, to each his own. Personally I prefer alotta ammo over precise shooting or larger caliber weapons I like to see things dance. JK Some rather a 45. with 10rnds, i would rather a 9mm with preban 20rnds. Its all good!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CSACANNONEER
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 44094

                    Originally posted by supermario
                    I understand your view, to each his own. Personally I prefer alotta ammo over precise shooting or larger caliber weapons I like to see things dance. JK Some rather a 45. with 10rnds, i would rather a 9mm with preban 20rnds. Its all good!

                    Lets just say that I have plenty of normal mags around. Years ago, I stopped carrying my 9mm with 15-17 round mags and instead carry a 1911 w/8+1 or a 5 shot revolver. I already know that I can hit what I aim at and, in a SD situation, I would rather carry a gun that I'm far more proficient and comfortable with than a gun with more ammo in it. In MOST SD shootings someone is either hit by the first round fired or, guns are emptied and everyone walks away unharmed. You can plan for Zombie attacks all you want. I'm talking on a more practical level. If you think I need to prepare for Zombies, don't worry, I have. I can put my 1919 into an A6 configuration in a matter of a minute, attach a 100 round can to it and have a "portable" gun with 100 rounds of .308. Or, if I'm not going to move, I've got a few 250 round belts for it. I've got drum mags etc. too. But, again it's a bit much for the average SD/HD situation. Of course, to each his own. BTW, didn't you notice that I said that if I had to use my Saiga, I'd use my 30 round mags. So, I might only have one mag but, I'd still have 50% more ammo than the OP with two ten round mags. I just don't see the need to go in front of a jury and try to explain that you bought and had mag couplers ready to go but, you were not planning on using them. The Jury may decide that you planned to kill some poor smuck the day you put the "evil" mag couplers with your rifle.
                    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                    Utah CCW Instructor


                    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                    sigpic
                    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                    KM6WLV

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tombinghamthegreat
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2007
                      • 2785

                      Originally posted by Peter W Bush
                      you have an AK. Your mag coupler is duct tape.


                      Did someone say duct tape?
                      "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense." Ron Paul
                      "The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." - Thomas Jefferson
                      Originally posted by forumguy
                      The same way they enforce all the rest of the BS laws. Only criminals are exempt, while the honest obey.
                      Originally posted by bwiese
                      Sometimes I think the function of Calguns is half to refute bad info from gunshops and half to refute bad info from DOJ.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1