Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PSL = POS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pottymouth310
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2006
    • 942

    PSL = POS

    I have a "friend" who lives in AZ who let me shoot his Romanian PSL 7.62x54R.
    As I set up for the shot, I pull up the slack on the trigger & stop just before the break. When I slowly squeeze the trigger it will shoot 3,4,6 round off like full auto until I let off the trigger. In order to shoot 1 round at a time I have to trigger slap it (which isn't ideal if you what to do precision shooting).

    What is causing this?
    And can this be fixed?
    Have any other PSL owners come across this problem?
    sigpic
    www.forwardassistt.com
    NRA American Rifle Match
  • #2
    69Mach1
    Super Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2006
    • 15032

    Yikes. Have your friend check to make sure the FCG pins are installed properly and locked into place with the retainer. Is it the stock fire control group? Any modifications on the FCG itself?
    sigpic
    69Mach1
    munkeeboi
    TURBOELKY
    antix2
    WTSGDYBBR
    tujungatoes
    jmpgnr24K

    Comment

    • #3
      sd1023x
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 1016

      Friend=idiot
      Originally posted by Shotgun Man
      Sorry, but I can't help but get a homo-erotic vibe from this thread.

      Comment

      • #4
        pacrimguru
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2008
        • 3595

        Originally posted by sd1023x
        Friend=idiot
        yea, that guy must be an idiot!

        Comment

        • #5
          Ford8N
          Banned
          • Sep 2002
          • 6129

          Tapco G2

          Comment

          • #6
            pottymouth310
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2006
            • 942

            Originally posted by sd1023x
            Friend=idiot
            Now why would he be the idiot? it's not like he setup the gun to be that way?
            sigpic
            www.forwardassistt.com
            NRA American Rifle Match

            Comment

            • #7
              ChrisO
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • 4678

              It almost sounds like he did haha, "hold down the trigger full auto, slap it=single shot"

              Comment

              • #8
                CSACANNONEER
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2006
                • 44094

                Sounds like you are bumpfiring it. I would suggest trying a different FCG first.
                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                Utah CCW Instructor


                Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                sigpic
                CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                KM6WLV

                Comment

                • #9
                  pacrimguru
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 3595

                  i would sugget getting a new trigger finger. juuuust kidding.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Jonathan Doe

                    Originally posted by pottymouth310
                    What is causing this?
                    And can this be fixed?
                    Have any other PSL owners come across this problem?
                    The parts are maybe worn out, or your friend tried to do a trigger job and made a mistake taking out too much material.

                    My PSL shoots well. I still need to sight in with the scope, but it shoot with iron sights very well although the trigger is a little rough.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      B Strong
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 6367

                      Originally posted by pottymouth310
                      I have a "friend" who lives in AZ who let me shoot his Romanian PSL 7.62x54R.
                      As I set up for the shot, I pull up the slack on the trigger & stop just before the break. When I slowly squeeze the trigger it will shoot 3,4,6 round off like full auto until I let off the trigger. In order to shoot 1 round at a time I have to trigger slap it (which isn't ideal if you what to do precision shooting).

                      What is causing this?
                      And can this be fixed?
                      Have any other PSL owners come across this problem?
                      Tell your friend to strip the FCG out of that PSL RFN!

                      Malfunction or no malfunction, if the thing fires more than one round for one trigger pull you need to make an immediate effort to correct the problem.

                      If the rifle is stripped to the bare receiver, your friend will at least be clear of a possible state or federal unregistered NFA charge, and that's the most important task at hand.

                      After the rifle is stripped, I'd look at replacing the FCG with US parts - if you or your friend is not up to the job I recommend that you ship it it a qualified AK armorer.
                      The way some gunshop clerks spout off, you'd think that they invented gunpowder and the repeating rifle, and sat on the Supreme Court as well.
                      ___________________________________________
                      "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
                      - Jeff Cooper

                      Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Hoop
                        Ready fo HILLARY!!
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 11544

                        Originally posted by B Strong
                        Tell your friend to strip the FCG out of that PSL RFN!

                        Malfunction or no malfunction, if the thing fires more than one round for one trigger pull you need to make an immediate effort to correct the problem.

                        If the rifle is stripped to the bare receiver, your friend will at least be clear of a possible state or federal unregistered NFA charge, and that's the most important task at hand.

                        After the rifle is stripped, I'd look at replacing the FCG with US parts - if you or your friend is not up to the job I recommend that you ship it it a qualified AK armorer.
                        Agreed, all he needs to do is have someone see that at a range and call the cops. Full auto fire, even by malfunction, can still make it a machinegun.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CHS
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 11338

                          Originally posted by pottymouth310
                          (which isn't ideal if you what to do precision shooting)
                          Neither are PSL's
                          Please read the Calguns Wiki
                          Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
                          --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            pottymouth310
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 942

                            Originally posted by B Strong
                            Tell your friend to strip the FCG out of that PSL RFN!

                            If the rifle is stripped to the bare receiver, your friend will at least be clear of a possible state or federal unregistered NFA charge, and that's the most important task at hand.
                            Agreed to that. after that we can inspect the FCG for whats causing the problem.

                            Tapco G2 sounds like it will do the trick, will that fit in the PSL as well? receiver should be the same right?
                            sigpic
                            www.forwardassistt.com
                            NRA American Rifle Match

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Hoop
                              Ready fo HILLARY!!
                              • Apr 2007
                              • 11544

                              Originally posted by pottymouth310
                              Agreed to that. after that we can inspect the FCG for whats causing the problem.

                              Tapco G2 sounds like it will do the trick, will that fit in the PSL as well? receiver should be the same right?
                              There are some subtle differences, if you read around I think people had to file something etc. Red Star Arms makes an adjustable trigger for it (again, think there's some fitment required) that everyone seems to like as well.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1