Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Buffer tube removal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Afterburnt
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 808

    Buffer tube removal

    Are there and tips or tricks that I need to know in order to remover the buffer tube from a Colt Sporter fixed stock so I can install a new Magpul collapsible stock?
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
  • #2
    shark92651
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Oct 2006
    • 5431

    1. Remove the upper.
    2. Remove the buffer and spring from the tube.
    3. Unscrew the buttstock screw from the back of the buttplate.
    4. Slide the stock off the buffer tube.
    5. Unscrew the buffer tube while holding your hand over the buffer retainer so it does not fly out with the spring and get lost.
    sigpic
    www.riflegear.com

    Comment

    • #3
      Nix78
      Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 112

      Should'nt be complicated , should be self explantory , Someone with more experience will fill you in.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Vin496
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2008
        • 8804

        Originally posted by Afterburnt
        Are there and tips or tricks that I need to know in order to remover the buffer tube from a Colt Sporter fixed stock so I can install a new Magpul collapsible stock?
        This is how I learned.
        I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

        and

        If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

        Comment

        • #5
          Afterburnt
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 808

          Thanks Vin, that should do it. Nix, that's a filthy habit you should try to quit LMAO!

          thanks guys
          The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1