Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DPMS Backlog

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FullMetalJacket
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 536

    DPMS Backlog

    There doesn't seem to be any 8-10 month backlog warnings on the DPMS website anymore...Is anyone having reasonably fast turnaround ordering uppers, etc. from them?

    I know the frenzy seems to be over, but I don't want to pull the trigger on a new purchase only to find out it's the better part of a year from delivery...
  • #2
    cr042202
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 31

    I saw that too on their websight so I called and the person I talked to said its atleast a 6 month wait

    Comment

    • #3
      wooger
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2006
      • 1380

      6 to 12 month wait depending on parts.
      vatr slapn

      Comment

      • #4
        swerv512
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • 3076

        nope, i waited 25 weeks for mine....

        Comment

        • #5
          FullMetalJacket
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 536

          Thanks, all.

          Comment

          • #6
            SkatinJJ
            Senior Member
            • May 2008
            • 735

            Originally posted by FullMetalJacket
            There doesn't seem to be any 8-10 month backlog warnings on the DPMS website anymore...Is anyone having reasonably fast turnaround ordering uppers, etc. from them?

            I know the frenzy seems to be over, but I don't want to pull the trigger on a new purchase only to find out it's the better part of a year from delivery...
            I ordered a .308 upper from them in september 2008.

            Still, no joy.

            Choose wisely on who you will depend.

            JJ

            P.S. Please note that it was before the "Obama Sales Craze"
            Last edited by SkatinJJ; 09-27-2009, 12:48 PM. Reason: P.S. added
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Haven't you ever had anything nag at you to the point you can no longer ignore it?

            Comment

            • #7
              Barney Gumble
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 1047

              Originally posted by FullMetalJacket
              There doesn't seem to be any 8-10 month backlog warnings on the DPMS website anymore...Is anyone having reasonably fast turnaround ordering uppers, etc. from them?

              I know the frenzy seems to be over, but I don't want to pull the trigger on a new purchase only to find out it's the better part of a year from delivery...
              DPMS .308 or 5.56?

              There's no reason to wait for 5.56 DMPS parts when you can get other stuff all over the internet, no waiting.

              Comment

              • #8
                dachan
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2007
                • 1973

                There is pretty much no wait for DPMS 5.56 stuff. All the distributors have DPMS rifles, uppers and lowers in stock available for immediate shipping. An order direct from DPMS today is taking about 4wks; my order for kits placed 6wks ago shipped last week.

                Comment

                • #9
                  1GooDDaDDy
                  Junior Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 19

                  Shipping Dates? Huh...what?

                  Just saw this thread. It seems I was a little late to the party.
                  I've been drooling over building me up an AR 308 type long gun lately. (I already have 3 AR-15's in the house since Nov. 4th, 2008).
                  A few days ago, I went directly to DPMS's web site and ordered a custom Model: 308-BA-18, 18" .308 Bull Barrel Assembly from them.
                  $1088.00 total. Put it on my card.
                  There was no "Out of Stock" warning on the page, or any other indication of any delays in shipping as I filled out the necessary forms, so I assumed all was well.
                  Yesterday, I received a conformation e-mail with the run down of my order but again, with no shipping date included.

                  I e-mailed them this morning with this:

                  anywhere on your web site
                  _________________________________________________
                  sigpic
                  Just Getting Prepared for the "Zombie Apocalypse"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1