Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PMag popularity

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nickarino
    Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 160

    PMag popularity

    I am in the process of gathering components for an AR build and while looking at magazines, it seems that PMags are the hot item right now. They seem to be very popular with calgunners as well as with retailers selling 10/30's made from PMags. Are they easier to convert to 10/30's than metal mags? What is the reason behind all of the PMag love? Do they perform better than others? Personally, I prefer the "old school" aluminum or stainless steel look, but it seems both the price and availability of 10/30 Pmags is better right now. Thoughts? thanks
  • #2
    a1fabweld
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 4628

    They never really excited me. I like my C-Products stainless mags.
    Liberals could fk up an anvil

    Comment

    • #3
      technique
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2008
      • 10639

      They are durable (very)
      They feed very well and the feed lips don't wear as much.
      They don't wear the inside of your magwell as much as aluminum bodies.
      They (some) have windows so you can see where you are ammo wise.
      They match your furniture. (ARs are mens Barbie dolls)
      You can stipple them if you like.


      Did I mention they are durable? As in run them over durable.
      California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
      Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

      I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

      Comment

      • #4
        Vinz
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 2874

        Personal preference...plus cheap enought not to cry when you loose them....(ARs are mens Barbie dolls)
        haa haaa


        vinz
        Armis Exposcere Pacem
        VM-1 AMBI SLING PLATES stamped US made
        VM-1S Strap version ambi sling plate

        In Memory Of Babe....I also remember the Eggs and Country fried potatoes that went with that Bacon.

        Originally posted by Fot
        In before the penis measurements
        ROFL

        Comment

        • #5
          k3nnex
          Banned
          • May 2009
          • 1102

          My 10/30 cmag doesn't go into my magwell very smoothly. My 2 10 rd cmags do though... However my pmags are much easier to go in.

          Comment

          • #6
            Jicko
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2005
            • 8774

            They seems to be more graceful to the environment... and take drops (quick reload, dropping magazines during tactical class/3 guns matches etc) better....
            - LL
            NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
            sigpic

            New to Calguns, check here first:
            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

            Comment

            • #7
              Purple K
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN ContributorCGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2008
              • 3101

              Has anyone tried loading .450 Bushmaster ammo into a PMag?
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                joelogic
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2008
                • 6593

                They are new and cool.
                You can seat a full pmag.
                They slide out easier during mag changes.
                Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

                Comment

                • #9
                  Linh
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 1246

                  Just watch it get run over by a truck on youtube and you too will be a fan.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    lazyworm
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 1642

                    Have you ever had 1 in your hands? I didn't like them until I held one.
                    They look bigger and bulkier than aluminum mags in pictures, but they're
                    the pretty much the same size, except slimmer at a few places,
                    which helped mag changes as others mentioned above.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Super Spy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 3461

                      I bought 2 Pro Mags (10 round) when I first got my AR....both had the same issue of bolt failing to catch after last round intermittently....bought a 10/20 PMag and it's worked flawlessly and it feels great. Forget metal I'm sold on the Pmags.
                      Originally posted by Daytripper63
                      "Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        devildog999
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 5534

                        I love my PMags
                        Originally posted by TRAP55
                        Or your ammo stash has replaced your wifes parking spot in the garage.
                        When my neighbor asked what all those crates were, I told him if he sees smoke coming from my garage, and me running down the street......he better catch up!
                        Originally posted by Steve O
                        Just go to safeway to shop for food. The young good looking couple buying healthy food...they're a new couple. The fat ones wearing ****ty clothes not caring about how they look, getting frozen food...they're married!

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Acorn556
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2009
                          • 2107

                          I have pmags and used them at the panoche shoot. tossed them around like I could care less and they fed every time. Figre I read the reports of how great they are I should be able to toss it around and not have it get damaged. I also like the little covers they come with.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            pcISin
                            Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 167

                            Here you go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJnGmwMMI8

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Raptor1Ronin
                              Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 355

                              Sold! Great Video.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1