I just picked up my new 700 sps tactical 308. What Scope do you recommend for under $400. The riffle is mainly for target shooting.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Scope on a budget?
Collapse
X
-
Lot's of good suggestions over here:
-
What range? I highly suggest the Super Snipers. Millet TRS1 is a pretty good one too. Glass isn't as clear but you get a variable power scope within your budget requirements.Ty | 815.246.AR15 (2715) | info@midwestpx.com
sigpic
Magpul | Mega Arms | LMT | Hiperfire | ODIN Works | Multitasker
Spike's Tactical | Fortis | Centurion Arms | Limited Capacity PMAGs
FREE SHIPPING ON $150+ ORDERS!Comment
-
Oh and some great discussion here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=200382Ty | 815.246.AR15 (2715) | info@midwestpx.com
sigpic
Magpul | Mega Arms | LMT | Hiperfire | ODIN Works | Multitasker
Spike's Tactical | Fortis | Centurion Arms | Limited Capacity PMAGs
FREE SHIPPING ON $150+ ORDERS!Comment
-
SUPER SNIPERSome say that he once mooned two prostitutes just for a round of drinks, but wasn't surprised by the reply......They call him, the Hutch
Some say that he rode a dirtbike 7k miles across the country and that he once applied Bengay to his own testicles for a mere $50............They call him, the Hutch -Top Gear
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60Comment
-
I have the Millet TRS1 and im pretty happy with itKevinComment
-
I just went thru this myself...incoming 700 XCR tac long range.
After lots of reading and a serious look at my budget, I went with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50.
They are going for ~499.00 (dep on reticle). + they offer a 50.00 rebate thru Vortex. It's supposed to be a very nice scope for the dough. It's no NF or US Optics.....but, my daughters teeth come first
I ordered thru Optics Planet and got another 5% off their price....+ the 50.00 rebate.
May wanna check out...good luckSupport the NRA
http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml
Stuff for Sale\trade:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=549308Comment
-
Another recommendation for the Millett TRS-1.sigpic
"Wherever I Walk,
Everyone Is a Little Bit Safer Because I Am There.
Wherever I Am,
Anyone In Need Has a Friend.
Whenever I Return Home,
Everyone Is Happy I Am There." - "The Warrior Creed" ~ Robert L. HumphreyComment
-
Billy Goat Machine
07 FFL/SOT Rifle Builder
www.billygoatmachine.com
.
https://www.instagram.com/billygoatmachine/?hl=en
.
.
Bring a truck, preferably 4WD, firearms, lots of ammo... and curl the brim of your baseball cap!Comment
-
I have a Super Sniper 10X (side focus) on my .308 SPS Tactical and it works very well. Hits out to 600 yards (I don't have any zero's beyound that) are easy.
I have been out in some very bad weather (Wyoming gets some really bad weather) and it has performed better than I expected. Clicks are positive, no fog, focus is easy to work and for me, one of the most important features is 132 MOA of adjustment in both elevation and windage. IIRC each rotation of the knobs is 15MOA which makes it easy to make those elevation/windage adjustments instead of using the "holdover" method.
Using the knobs for ups and downs are easy to use and the scope holds it's zero. Perfroming the "box" test as stated it held the zero. For the price it's hard to beat.
I do have a Leoupold LRT 6.5X20 on my Tikka 595 Master Sporter but the scope and rifle are just to nice to take out and beat in the dirt/snow/rain. I leave that up to my SPS tactical and the Super Sniper."It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)
WOLVERINES!Comment
-
SS will fit your budget.
I can't believe how many people don't realize that their optics SHOULD cost more than their rifle though. You will never get the maximum performance from any rifle without great quality optics, mounts and rings.NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
Utah CCW Instructor
Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.
sigpic CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE
KM6WLVComment
-
im running one of those on a 700 but the 10x40, i cant complain about anything especially the price - around $150 shipped off ebayI just bought one of these and it works pretty darn good for the $$
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1Comment
-
I really do like how the Millet trs-1 looks. I'm starting to like the Super Sniper also. This is my first riffle and I just want to have accuracy and be able to hit a target at 200-300 yrds (atleast). It's mainly for having some fun at the range. But I do agree with CSACNNONEER it does make sence to buy a quality scope to get some accuracy.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,812
Posts: 25,151,924
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 10727 users online. 120 members and 10607 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment