Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Problem with upper receiver?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dskell
    Senior Member
    • May 2009
    • 825

    Problem with upper receiver?

    I completed my first black rifle build today with the arrival of my Stag 2H upper. As per the owners manual I disassembled it for cleaning before shooting it for the first time tomorrow.

    As I looked at the back of the receiver and BCG I noticed a small amount of "chipping" on the inside edge of the receiver. This upper is brand new and I'm guessing it shouldn't be like this. If this is normal please let me know, otherwise I'll be sending it back to Stag for replacement.



    Close up:


    Another close up:


    Other side for comparison:


    Please help!
  • #2
    Noobert
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 3343

    Its not normal, but i think it should operate fine
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      fuegoslow
      Member
      • Sep 2007
      • 447

      Looks like a bit of pitting. Is this your first AR? It really is just cosmetics as it won't interfere with the charging handle function or bolt carrier cycling against the buffer. I know that when you spend hard earned money, you expect what you pay for. But in this case... Your call.
      "Imagine how much more hopeful the story of the gospel would be if
      Jesus had a gun" - Stephen Colbert

      Originally posted by Bad Voodoo
      It's like ghosts and UFOs. I'll believe anything until science proves me wrong.

      Comment

      • #4
        dskell
        Senior Member
        • May 2009
        • 825

        Originally posted by fuegoslow
        Looks like a bit of pitting. Is this your first AR? It really is just cosmetics as it won't interfere with the charging handle function or bolt carrier cycling against the buffer. I know that when you spend hard earned money, you expect what you pay for. But in this case... Your call.
        Yeah it's my first.
        Is there anyway the pitting could spread with use of the rifle? Even then, it should still be covered by the warranty.

        Comment

        • #5
          swerv512
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • 3076

          if you can prove it's pitting from corrosion or oxidation- then i'd send it back. it's my understanding that oxidation is a chemical process that continues beneath the top layer. if it's just a production physical flaw- i wouldnt worry so much. ARs are meant to be bashed....

          Comment

          • #6
            aplinker
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2007
            • 16762

            It's no big deal.

            Just good ol' Stag QC.

            Google Map of OLL Dealers

            List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
            Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
            This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1