Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Stripped Upper Options

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mezcalfud
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 1503

    Stripped Upper Options

    I am in the market for a standard AR15 upper but not sure who makes a good one nowadays. Aero pops up most in searches as do a bunch that I don't recognize?
    Actually I am looking for a A1 upper but that search is going nowhere because used are $$$ and it doesn't appear anyone makes repros anymore or OOS?

    So, any manufacturer suggestions, best deals/ sources?
  • #2
    enorbit3
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 2656

    Aero is good. BCM also has been deals every now and again. No real reason to spend but bucks.
    LAPD CCW Timeline:
    Application Sent/Rec'd - 10/11/22
    Interview Scheduled - 2/20/22
    Interview & Live Scan- 2/21/22
    DOJ/FBI - 2/22/23
    CCW Training - 2/25/23
    Firearms - 3/1/23
    LAPD CCW Approval Call - 3/20/23
    CCW Permit Issued/picked up - 4/11/23

    Comment

    • #3
      SVT-40
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2008
      • 12907

      AIM Surplus has complete BCM uppers for $79.95 I just got two of them. They are nice. Slightly undersized for a tight barrel fit.

      Poke'm with a stick!


      Originally posted by fiddletown
      What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

      Comment

      • #4
        golfish
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Mar 2013
        • 10124

        I used an Aero on my last build, good fit and the finish was real nice. I also used their lower on my last 2 builds.
        It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
        Happiness is a warm gun.

        MLC, First 3

        Comment

        • #5
          Mezcalfud
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 1503

          I just need an lpk and the upper- going to be a frankenrifle that maybe gets a scope?

          Kinda on the fence about Aero upper and lpk from Schuyler or the BCM and unbranded lpk from AIM.

          Thanks all for the info.
          Last edited by Mezcalfud; 11-12-2022, 1:49 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            Fate
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2006
            • 9545

            H&R has been producing retro A1 stripped uppers. They’re being sold thru PSA.
            sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

            "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
            , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

            Comment

            • #7
              sigstroker
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 19859

              I think PSA bought Remington and they might have owned H&R.



              Comment

              • #8
                Mezcalfud
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 1503

                The H&R uppers are unicorns! I hear they post them on PSA and they are gone immediately.

                Comment

                • #9
                  2017mini14
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2017
                  • 662

                  Assembled A2 uppers are gone too.




                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Marketplace Feedback
                  https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...820-2017mini14

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    green grunt
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 1637

                    been looking long time for a A1 stripped upper....rare is an understatement

                    saw a H&R A1 on GB...299.00 stripped... and as stated above... A2's are hard to find also...

                    waiting for PSA to get em out , they bought Nodak Spud ..so i heard somewhere ...
                    Semper Fi.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      joefrank64k
                      @ the Dark End of the Bar
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 10124

                      Originally posted by SVT-40
                      AIM Surplus has complete BCM uppers for $79.95 I just got two of them. They are nice. Slightly undersized for a tight barrel fit.

                      https://aimsurplus.com/products/bcm-...eiver-assembly

                      That is a nice deal. Thanks for sharing!!
                      You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                      If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                      Come on...what harm??

                      joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        RTE
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2009
                        • 1948

                        How about a flattop with a Carry handle?
                        Then you have options?
                        Just a thought, the one piece retro is cool but for the price?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Imageview
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2018
                          • 1629

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            green grunt
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 1637



                            how can these be the ONLY seller to have A1's ???

                            found this ... but me got no $$$'s right now...LOL
                            Last edited by green grunt; 11-29-2022, 11:42 AM.
                            Semper Fi.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1