Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

jammed wasr while cleaning

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1trojan
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 4

    jammed wasr while cleaning

    I managed to jam the wasr10 while field stripping and lubing it. I was having trouble with the position of the bolt and bolt carrier re-install. So while messing with it, I released the hammer to see how the carrier fits with the bolt in.

    It's in but i can't get the carrier out with the gas piston in gas tube.
    Is there a fix to this? Can a gunsmith fix this?

    Thanks
  • #2
    Lateralus
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Sep 2006
    • 2041

    Where is it stuck?

    Is the carrier forward or backward of the hammer?

    Is the piston hanging up on something?

    Pix would be great. AKs are simple. Im sure once we see it it will be an easy fix.
    If you live in the Sacramento area, check your Local Forum frequently to see how you can help restore Gun Rights.
    ----------------------------
    I am fighting for OUR RIGHTS by donating $20 a month to the CalGuns Foundation through GunPal. It is time to step up, California.
    ----------------------------
    With my feet upon the ground, I move myself between the sound and Open wide to suck it in I feel It move across my skin

    Comment

    • #3
      69Mach1
      Super Moderator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2006
      • 15032

      I have no idea what you're talking about. The bolt carrier is forward? You pulled the trigger and now the hammer is forward, and the bolt carrier won't move back when you rack it, correct?
      sigpic
      69Mach1
      munkeeboi
      TURBOELKY
      antix2
      WTSGDYBBR
      tujungatoes
      jmpgnr24K

      Comment

      • #4
        1trojan
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 4

        Thanks for the replies

        The carrier and bolt is behind the hammer. Seems like since the hammer is in a uncocked position there's no room for the carrier and bolt to move back and up, the gas piston is still contacting the gas tube.

        I'm working on pictures, charging my camera.

        Comment

        • #5
          69Mach1
          Super Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2006
          • 15032

          The hammer is in front of the bolt carrier uncocked? How did you do that? Is the bolt installed on the bolt carrier?
          sigpic
          69Mach1
          munkeeboi
          TURBOELKY
          antix2
          WTSGDYBBR
          tujungatoes
          jmpgnr24K

          Comment

          • #6
            OIF_VET
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 639

            How did you get the beans above the frank?

            Comment

            • #7
              CSACANNONEER
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2006
              • 44094

              What part of the state are you in? I'm sure that someone close to you can meet you somewhere and help you fix it. After all, it's just an AK. Any 6 year old who lives in a cave can fix it with nothing more than twigs and rocks. Hey, if you can make it to Angeles range this Sunday, I bet one of us can help you. Let me know if you are anywhere near there and can make it. If so, I'll bring some basic tools.
              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
              California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
              Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
              Utah CCW Instructor


              Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

              sigpic
              CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

              KM6WLV

              Comment

              • #8
                jeffyboy
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2008
                • 927

                If you're in the bay area let me know...sounds like something that happened to me...the slide/bolt might not have been fully seated when you dropped the hammer...causing the "Fanks & Beans" scenario

                Comment

                • #9
                  Richie Caketown
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 4325

                  come on pics!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Lateralus
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 2041

                    Maybe it is just hung up on the rails. Im going to try and get my hammer uncocked with my carrier behind it. This should be good for a laugh.
                    If you live in the Sacramento area, check your Local Forum frequently to see how you can help restore Gun Rights.
                    ----------------------------
                    I am fighting for OUR RIGHTS by donating $20 a month to the CalGuns Foundation through GunPal. It is time to step up, California.
                    ----------------------------
                    With my feet upon the ground, I move myself between the sound and Open wide to suck it in I feel It move across my skin

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Lateralus
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 2041

                      Ok, after some fooling around, Ive come to the conclusion that it is impossible to uncock the hammer while the bolt carrier is behind it. The only way that hammer will fall is if the bolt and carrier are locked. If it is ALREADY uncocked, however, the carrier may be inserted and ride the rails about an inch. If your carrier is behind a cocked hammer, it had to go in somehow. Check both sides to make sure they are right against the rails. Try and feel for any real heavy friction. It will come out.

                      If you are in the Sac area, I would be more than happy to come help.
                      Last edited by Lateralus; 07-18-2009, 1:22 AM.
                      If you live in the Sacramento area, check your Local Forum frequently to see how you can help restore Gun Rights.
                      ----------------------------
                      I am fighting for OUR RIGHTS by donating $20 a month to the CalGuns Foundation through GunPal. It is time to step up, California.
                      ----------------------------
                      With my feet upon the ground, I move myself between the sound and Open wide to suck it in I feel It move across my skin

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Lateralus
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 2041

                        You know, I re read your post. It sounds like you are saying there isnt enough room due to the piston being in the way, right?

                        I dont see how thats possible. There is so much room for that piston to move around Im betting if you had a midget handy he could walk in there and tell you himself. The carrier rides the rails, and at the very end of the receiver the rails taper off to allow the carrier out. You should be able to slide the carrier to the end, then lift it out. Sometimes it takes a little gusto. Just remember, its an AK.
                        If you live in the Sacramento area, check your Local Forum frequently to see how you can help restore Gun Rights.
                        ----------------------------
                        I am fighting for OUR RIGHTS by donating $20 a month to the CalGuns Foundation through GunPal. It is time to step up, California.
                        ----------------------------
                        With my feet upon the ground, I move myself between the sound and Open wide to suck it in I feel It move across my skin

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          69Mach1
                          Super Moderator
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 15032

                          This is the most confusing thread ever.
                          sigpic
                          69Mach1
                          munkeeboi
                          TURBOELKY
                          antix2
                          WTSGDYBBR
                          tujungatoes
                          jmpgnr24K

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SP1200
                            Member
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 488

                            Just toss it on the ground really hard. that will unjam it.
                            Originally posted by Pvt. Cowboy
                            At best, many vendors at the show typically see Californians as the drooling kid wearing a crash helmet riding in the back of the short bus- not least that you don't have any gun show money because your retarded steroid-shooting governor can't pay your state income tax refund because they spent it all on the illegal Mexicans who broke into your house while you're away at the gun show. To them, you're just a plain old sappy idiot, and probably a lib'rul who smokes salvia while driving.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              luchador768
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 3224

                              Originally posted by OIF_VET
                              How did you get the beans above the frank?

                              LOL

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1