Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best CH latch? Problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fusionstar
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 2332

    Best CH latch? Problem

    I've been using the badger tac latch II and its been torquing my CH to the right and putting more wear on the right than the left. It is also hard to charge with one hand because of the contact. Only smooth cycling with this is to do it hold it on both sides.

    I think this is because of the 45 degree angle when the latch is engaged. It pushes the CH to the right

    A latch that would be perpendicular or 90 degrees to the charging handle when engaged would eliminate torquing wouldn't it?

    I notice the PRI Big Latch would be 90 degrees when engaged.

    What is the best standard latch out there, not ambi dex stuff?
    If you seek peace, prepare for war
  • #2
    aplinker
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2007
    • 16762

    I prefer the PRI combat latch.

    I'd buy a new LMT CH if I could find one.

    Google Map of OLL Dealers

    List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
    Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
    This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

    Comment

    • #3
      Jicko
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2005
      • 8774

      LMT Tactical CH <- IMO, the best.....

      PRI combat latch is "close" to the LMT, but still, if u play with them side by side.... LMT still wins... the PRI is a tad too big...

      For the big badger latch, it is much better if you engage it with your palm... rather than with your fingers, it sticks out way too much.... also, it caught onto chestrig, beat, etc... and may accidentally un-close your bolt...
      Last edited by Jicko; 07-09-2009, 5:35 PM.
      - LL
      NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
      sigpic

      New to Calguns, check here first:
      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

      Comment

      • #4
        phsieh10
        Member
        • Sep 2004
        • 267

        I just order some of the armadynamics ambi CH. They seem to look like they will work better than the PRI. I will be replacing some PRI's with this one.
        Last edited by phsieh10; 07-09-2009, 5:42 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          fusionstar
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 2332

          I bought a MRP upper several months ago and it just came with a run of the mil CH. Sold it and paid rent.

          I can see the LMT tactical CH for 45 bucks presumably in stock.

          Does LMT sell the latch by itself? Or is it a proprietary design that will only fit LMT CH's?
          If you seek peace, prepare for war

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1