Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Left hand Upper

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AGOD
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 24

    Left hand Upper

    Noo B hear

    I need L/ Hand upper 4 my AR, Is stag my only option.
    sigpic
  • #2
    Saigon1965
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 17278

    DPMS make some -

    I am left handed and shoot right handed AR - No issues at all for me especially since the newer uppers have brass deflector -

    Comment

    • #3
      Barney Gumble
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 1047

      This comes up about once a week and pretty much every lefty chimes in that they shoot right handed ARs no problem. I am left handed myself and do not need a lefty AR, nor would I ever buy one.

      Comment

      • #4
        domokun
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 3525

        I bought one just to see what the hype is all about and I really don't feel a difference between a right handed and left handed AR upper. The brass getting into your face isn't a big issue since most if not all uppers ship with a deflector built into the upper receiver to deflect the brass away from your body.
        "Can our form of government, our system of justice, survive if one can be denied a freedom because he might abuse it?" --Harlon Carter
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." --Gerald Ford
        "Government is essentially the negation of liberty." --Ludwig von Mises
        "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Admiral Yamamoto
        USS Hornet ARC Member.

        sigpic
        Join today?

        Comment

        • #5
          AGOD
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2008
          • 24

          Originally posted by domokun
          I bought one just to see what the hype is all about and I really don't feel a difference between a right handed and left handed AR upper. The brass getting into your face isn't a big issue since most if not all uppers ship with a deflector built into the upper receiver to deflect the brass away from your body.
          Yeah thanks 4 in put,
          That's what I'm thinking, I'll just get a right hander. I may even start over, the lower I have is a FAB-10 "cal legal top load" lower... Don't like it.
          Plus I'd rather get one ib .308

          Thanks for comments
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            TZL
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 3197

            I have a left handed 6.8spc upper form Kotonics/Cardinal Armory, uses a stag bolt i believe

            Comment

            • #7
              Untamed1972
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Mar 2009
              • 17579

              I'm a lefty too and shoot right-handed models. The one I do swap out is the safety selector and upgrade to the ambi-selector switch. That's pretty nice. Doing stuff like certain tactical reloads are slightly more difficult, but still easily doable. I figure 99% or more of any gun you pick up is set up for righties, so you might as well get your muscle memory used to those configurations. Never had a hot brass issue except during a "supine" shooting position drill, cuz then ejection port is facing directly down at your body. But that's gonna be a pretty rare position to be shooting from.
              "Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

              Quote for the day:
              "..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

              Comment

              • #8
                NRAhighpowershooter
                Super Moderator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jun 2003
                • 6485

                yet another Lefty chiming in here.... been shooting Service Rifle HighPower matches with a righty for 5yrs now.. no problems...I even have a retro AR that has no defelector and I have no probems shooting it....
                'Just Don't Point, Squint, and Laugh! '

                Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1