Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FAL receiver availability update

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • imported_MaxQ
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2004
    • 40

    FAL receiver availability update

    Since there were already 2 threads about FAL receivers, I figured I'd start #3.

    I spoke to Rav at TDW late last week and he "assured" me that they should start filling back orders in the next week or so from the first shipment of Imbels (if he doesn't keep getting called to the phone!). He's also hoping that one more shipment will make it in before September. We'll see...

    Unfortunately - 1. They've got a huge backlog to fill and if you didn't get on the list a long time ago, you're SOL. If they take any new orders, don't hold your breath. 2. There might be a price bump, even for those of us that preordered months ago. They'll figure it out by the time they start calling people.

    I stopped into Entreprise yesterday, and they have a batch of their receivers (type 1 and type 3) about to be parked. They should be ready to go within a couple of weeks, and have some available. For those of you near Irwindale (east of the 605, between the 10 and 210), you can go in and do all the paperwork there. Walter is a nice guy to deal with, and typically charges $30-$50 for other transfers, too.

    As bwiese noted, an Entreprise receiver is a US part.

    My opinion from the Entreprise receivers that I've owned or used: They did have a bad batch or two a while back. Some people will never forget that. Quality on the new ones looks good. Most of the problems you might run into on a new build are really only problems for the occasional builder. Pros like CGW can deal with most issues. Personally, I'd give Entreprise a try. I really appreciate the fact they're still here in California. Or, wait for some feedback from someone who does a build from a new receiver run. Also, first check with your builder to make sure they'll work with an Entreprise receiver.

    The two people I know that built on an Entreprise receiver in the last year only had timing and another minor issue (I forgot what it was). Kinda in line with this FAL Files thread: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=21171f8...de5e&threadid=146013
  • #2
    bwiese
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2005
    • 27621

    Gunplumber will work on Entreprise FAL uppers?

    Last I heard, he wouldn't touch 'em.


    Bill Wiese
    San Jose

    Bill Wiese
    San Jose, CA

    CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
    sigpic
    No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
    to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
    ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
    employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
    legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

    Comment

    • #3
      imported_MaxQ
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2004
      • 40

      Bill, you're right. Last time I'd checked the FAL notes on gunplumber's site (it's been a long time), he indicated that he would not have a problem with Entreprise's newer production runs. I just looked again and the last update was that Mark won't deal with Entreprise parts after some crap Entreprise pulled. It seems to be a matter of principle rather than product quality (I'd probably do the same thing). Thanks.

      I edited the last paragraph in my above post.

      Comment

      • #4
        cntrolsguy
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2005
        • 1397

        This whole thing about not being able to get receivers sucks. I've got 2 just about damn near new STG58 kits waiting to mate with
        Type 1's.

        Comment

        • #5
          bwiese
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Oct 2005
          • 27621

          cntrolsguy...

          Well you can wait for DSA to eventually deliver US mfgd receivers.

          Look for Coonan receivers too.

          Entreprise if you're desparate. They're probably "OK enough" by now. Rich at CGW will work on them, Gunplumber won't anymore.

          Check the FAL Files website for more info...

          Bill Wiese
          San Jose

          Bill Wiese
          San Jose, CA

          CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
          sigpic
          No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
          to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
          ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
          employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
          legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          • #6
            cntrolsguy
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2005
            • 1397

            I have a Connan on a G1 I put together. It took me all of about 45 minutes from start to finish. That included taking off the torch cut receiver. I still need to get it parked but man is it accurate. Can't say enough good things about the Coonan. I'd like to try a DSA but I don't think I'll have anything to do with Enterprise, not talking from experience just don't want to be a test dummy for their new and improved product.

            Comment

            • #7
              bwiese
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Oct 2005
              • 27621

              cntrlsguy...

              I think a good FAL smith can get Entreprise receiver into shape w/only minor work. Some of 'em just aren't "out of the box" receivers. Rich @ CGW (Century Gun Works) can deal w/Entreprise receivers nicely.

              Also he can refinish your FALs so it looks BETTER than OEM rifles. My CGW FAL (new Izzy front end, Imbel recever, STG58 other parts) is work of art.

              Then go get another Coonan if you are happy w/it. I think Fed Ord sells them, and maybe under their own name now.


              Bill Wiese
              San Jose

              Bill Wiese
              San Jose, CA

              CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
              sigpic
              No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
              to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
              ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
              employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
              legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

              Comment

              • #8
                icormba
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 1826

                Originally posted by bwiese:
                cntrlsguy...

                I think a good FAL smith can get Entreprise receiver into shape w/only minor work. Some of 'em just aren't "out of the box" receivers. Rich @ CGW (Century Gun Works) can deal w/Entreprise receivers nicely.

                Also he can refinish your FALs so it looks BETTER than OEM rifles. My CGW FAL (new Izzy front end, Imbel recever, STG58 other parts) is work of art.

                Then go get another Coonan if you are happy w/it. I think Fed Ord sells them, and maybe under their own name now.


                Bill Wiese
                San Jose
                FAC, who sold Dan Coonan Receivers(DCI), supposedly went out of business. Harlan, in his words, the "marketing arm" for DCI is setting up sales of Coonan FAL recievers in a few months.

                info: http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm
                Chris
                http://www.m1garand.net

                Comment

                • #9
                  berg
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1963

                  Here's one:
                  __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
                  The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser people are full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    C.G.
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 8250

                    Originally posted by Berg:
                    Here's one:
                    http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976622543.htm
                    That seems awfully like TDW, from where I was supposed to get two, but don't think I will ever see.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      shooterx10
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 627

                      I have a receiver and one parts kit for sale, please check the firearms for sale and firearms accessories forums.
                      Psalm 144:1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1