Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

new guy needs clarification

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JY25
    Junior Member
    • May 2009
    • 47

    new guy needs clarification

    Im new to rifles so I need some clarification. Is .223 and 5.56 nato the same? When shopping for uppers I see some say .223 others 5.56 nato. Can you shoot both thru the same barrel? Thanks in advance.
  • #2
    5150Marcelo
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2008
    • 7681

    You can shoot 223 and 556 outta 556, but DO NOT shoot 556 outta 223.
    Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
    Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
    Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
    Originally posted by Slayer;
    Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      SoCalRandy
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 570

      Just make sure you buy an upper with a barrel chambered in 556 and you'll be fine.

      Comment

      • #4
        Crusader
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 2995

        5.56 is slightly longer and loaded to a higher pressure than .223 is. A rifle chambered in 5.56 can safely shoot both.

        A rifle chambered in .223 risks being overpressurized. It may not be too big of an issue, but I personally would not risk it.

        Comment

        • #5
          JY25
          Junior Member
          • May 2009
          • 47

          Thanks for clearing that up. Now I know what to shop for.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1