Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ar bolt problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    pulserifle99
    Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 422

    Its never done this as far as I can remember. I noticed it today at the range after it sitting for about 2 months

    Comment

    • #17
      VaderSpade
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Mar 2009
      • 4274

      Misread the problem.
      Last edited by VaderSpade; 05-25-2009, 9:32 AM.

      Comment

      • #18
        aplinker
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2007
        • 16762

        Originally posted by VaderSpade
        I was having the same problem. This fixed it; http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=186910
        An extractor has nothing to do with feeding.

        Google Map of OLL Dealers

        List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
        Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
        This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

        Comment

        • #19
          Vtec44
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 2237

          Originally posted by pulserifle99
          When It try to strip a round from the magazine it the bolt doesnt seem to have the strength to strip the round from the magazine so it jams up about half way into battery.
          What exactly does it mean when you said "when it try to strip a round from the magazine"? Does it mean that after a round is fired, extracted, and ejected, the BCG comes back and tried to strip around from the magazine but can't?
          "When chosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." - Mae West

          Comment

          • #20
            pulserifle99
            Member
            • Mar 2006
            • 422

            well i havent fired it because of the bullet being pusherd into the case. but im talking about when i load the mag and try striping a fresh round for the first time

            Comment

            • #21
              SJgunguy24
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2008
              • 14849

              Have you sent AR15barrels a P.M. yet?
              There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
              The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
              The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
              The others, well......they just never learn.

              "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
              Patrick Henry.

              Comment

              • #22
                ar15barrels
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 57181

                Originally posted by pulserifle99
                well i havent fired it because of the bullet being pusherd into the case. but im talking about when i load the mag and try striping a fresh round for the first time
                How many rounds in the magazine?
                How many rounds is the magazine designed to hold?
                Randall Rausch

                AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                Comment

                • #23
                  !@#$
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 2465

                  reloads?

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    pulserifle99
                    Member
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 422

                    Its a 10 round C products mag. they are not reloads as far as i know

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Vtec44
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 2237

                      Try putting 9 rounds.
                      "When chosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." - Mae West

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        aplinker
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 16762

                        Originally posted by pulserifle99
                        Its a 10 round C products mag. they are not reloads as far as i know
                        If it's just the 1st round, C-P are known to be damned tight. That would make it have issues on loading the 1st round.

                        Google Map of OLL Dealers

                        List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
                        Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
                        This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          pulserifle99
                          Member
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 422

                          well it happens with all the rounds from the 1st to the last

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Josh3239
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 9200

                            It doesn't sound like a bolt problem. From what it sounds like, the bolt isn't feeding rounds when you move the actions manually. My first thought is if the magazine is seated correctly. The first thing I would do is get a different magazine, listen to it lock into place, push it in (some people like to smack the bottom but I wouldn't recommend that) and pull down to ensure it is seated correctly.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              pulserifle99
                              Member
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 422

                              While i was inspecting my upper, i noticed a small gouge or chip in the metal here the bullet feeds. I have no idea how it got there, but I assume it could lead to the round hanging up on there possibly leading to the round being pushed into the case. It is a cmmg upper, do you think they have some sort of warranty that might cover this? Here are some pics



                              Comment

                              • #30
                                NeoWeird
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2005
                                • 3342

                                If that were the case it would feed every other round as it feeds from the opposite side of the magazine. Plus, if material were missing it would be LESS things in the way - not more.

                                While that may be a problem, I don't think fixing that alone will be the solution, especially if it's happening EVERY round.
                                quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. - Lucius Annaeus
                                a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1