Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR57

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • StuckInCA
    Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 183

    AR57

    Interesting take on the 5.7 round for a AR...

    Anyone want to try and develop a 10 round mag and pin device?


    Rasakan kestabilan berselancar lintas menu secara instan di dalam platform resmi yang mengutamakan proteksi data pengguna Kaya33.
  • #2
    Ian
    Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 371

    such a large magazine to be neutered...=(

    Comment

    • #3
      dchang0
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 2772

      I'd be much more interested in a 5.7 AR if it took STANAG-dimensionally-compliant mags. The PS90 mags are way too expensive, especially the factory 10rnd ones. I think I paid $70 ea. the last time I bought some!

      Black Dog Machine's probably in the best position to make such mags (probably could get 40 5.7 rounds in a mag the same shape as a 30 rnd 5.56 mag).

      Comment

      • #4
        HKDoc
        Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 482

        10 round mags already available made by fn. it can be a thumb breaker to load. basically the same as loading a fifty round from rounds 40 to 50 due to large plastic spacer.

        I wonder if the mag release levers can be removed. then just use credit card to eject mag, like my ps90. looks very cool. probably very reliable too since its just has blowback operation.

        I might have to get an upper. have you heard of anyone with it?

        Comment

        • #5
          munkeeboi
          Veteran Member
          • May 2008
          • 4997

          Have 1 just sitting because of that very problem. Raddlock said that something was coming up, but no word from him yet when i tried to pm. My last resort is going featureless. Another member had the tips milled off the mag release, but there was too much area to grip and still slide the release back
          Last edited by munkeeboi; 05-16-2009, 5:46 PM.


          AK, AR, & Custom Featureless grip wraps
          iTrader Thread

          Comment

          • #6
            lowriderryda
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 1104

            Same boat, I want to get ready to order an upper but need to figure out how to lock it..

            Comment

            • #7
              StuckInCA
              Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 183

              I just held one at the NRA show here in PHX. I think its the answer to my age old question of what to put on my Superior lower.

              Just sucks it doesnt come with mags, and they have to be purchased separately.

              Comment

              • #8
                tenpercentfirearms
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Apr 2005
                • 13007

                Go featureless all the way and then cut off the feedlips on a 30 body as a shell catcher. That is what I did. I really like that rifle.
                www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1