Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Does a self-contained ar9 upper exist?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ThatFishGuy
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 1084

    Does a self-contained ar9 upper exist?

    Hey Everyone!

    I have an itch for doing a 9mm AR build, but I have a very specific idea in mind. Do you guys know of anyone making a 9mm AR upper that is self contained? Meaning the whole bolt/recoil system resides in the upper and doesn't require the recoil parts in the buffer tube? I'm sure it would be some boutique shop kind of deal, but I haven't come across anything. I've seen a few in 5.56 like the brn-180, or sig mcx kits, but not 9mm. Just curious if anyone can point me in the right direction since it's damn near impossible to find every shop pumping out new products. Thanks in advance!

    Sam
  • #2
    hitdank
    Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 368

    Since 9mm is blowback i dont think anyone will bother designing a sig556 style front spring. The only solution would be a mac style rear urethane buffer. Are you trying to build a glock magazine pistol?

    Comment

    • #3
      Mr.Caketown
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2011
      • 7362

      Keep an eye on the Law Tactical ARIC , i think thats as close as you get currently. Problem is the 9mm has the bolt integrated into the carrier and doesnt come apart like a standard BCG

      DeadFoot Arms may have a couple of options for you as well. With the vague details youve given us its hard to make a suggestion. Are you looking for that MP5 collapsing stock type set up?
      Last edited by Mr.Caketown; 08-04-2019, 11:16 PM.
      WTB:
      1)AR15 Aero Precision Skeletonized Lower
      2)S&W 686 6in barrel ...686 No dash through 686-4
      3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set

      Comment

      • #4
        beanz2
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2008
        • 12032

        Dead Foot Arms's MCS like Mr.Caketown posted is as close as you can get with an AR lower.

        If you don't have to use a non standard AR lower, the Sig MPX is pretty close. So will be LWRC's SMG-9, whenever that will be.


        .
        sigpic
        The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

        Comment

        • #5
          Mr.Caketown
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2011
          • 7362

          Originally posted by beanz2
          Dead Foot Arms's MCS like Mr.Caketown posted is as close as you can get with an AR lower.

          If you don't have to use a non standard AR lower, the Sig MPX is pretty close. So will be LWRC's SMG-9, whenever that will be.


          .
          I think OP may benefit from something like this honestly , its got all the guess work taken out of it

          WTB:
          1)AR15 Aero Precision Skeletonized Lower
          2)S&W 686 6in barrel ...686 No dash through 686-4
          3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set

          Comment

          • #6
            spfabrication
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2015
            • 1045

            New Frontier C5 PDW

            New Frontier Armory – a leading firearms manufacturer in Fort Worth, TX. Specializing in AR manufacturing and top-quality firearms.


            GO NAVY

            Comment

            • #7
              ThatFishGuy
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 1084

              Yes, I was thinking for a side folding stock option, without having to use the law tactical stock adapter. No good reason for that, I just like things that are different. An MPX would be easier, but where's the fun in that lol. And although maybe simpler, getting an off-roster pistol brace setup means paying a CA premium and depends on chance of finding one on the used market. I have pistol or rifle lowers that I could use already, hence the search for just an upper. I'm just researching at this point, and I appreciate all the input this far!

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1