Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

noisy buffer after first shoot

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wcnones
    Banned
    • Aug 2007
    • 915

    noisy buffer after first shoot

    Took the new build out for a test spin and all went well. Only issue is that now the buffer rattles; whatever is inside of it seems to be shifting from front to back more than it did prior to shooting.

    If I hold the rifle parallel to the ground, then tilt the muzzle down, I can hear soemthing shift forward. When I tilt the stock down, I hear it shift backwards.

    I don't think it sounded like this prior to shooting it. Any ideas?
  • #2
    Jicko
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2005
    • 8774

    Just the way it is....
    - LL
    NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
    sigpic

    New to Calguns, check here first:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

    Comment

    • #3
      ohsmily
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2005
      • 8996

      Originally posted by Jicko
      Just the way it is....

      Bruce Hornsby couldn't have said it better.

      Expert firearms attorney: https://www.rwslaw.com/team/adam-j-richards/

      Check out https://www.firearmsunknown.com/. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.

      Comment

      • #4
        NSR500
        Banned
        • Aug 2006
        • 19530

        If you're talking about the buffer itself, that would be the little weights inside moving. If you're talking about hearing the whole assembly whilst it is in the gun, your guess is as good as mine.

        Comment

        • #5
          xr650r
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 700

          A small amount (2 oz or so) of weight inside the buffer is often used to reduce recoil. Remove your buffer and shake it.

          However, if the rubber snubber fell off the rear of your buffer and is bouncing around inside your buffer tube, then you've got a problem.

          1. Remove upper.
          2. Press buffer retainer catch.
          3. Remove Buffer and buffer spring.
          4. Separate buffer and spring.

          5. Shake buffer.

          I've seen some solid buffers, but they are less common.

          Comment

          • #6
            wcnones
            Banned
            • Aug 2007
            • 915

            cool - just didn't remember hearing it before shooting. thanks fellas.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1