Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

223 wild problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • valentino
    Junior Member
    • May 2009
    • 22

    223 wild problems

  • #2
    Aasillak
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 564

    Does it have a low pro gas block? If so make sure the ports are not off and is true.

    Comment

    • #3
      edgerly779
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2009
      • 19871

      Gas problem

      Comment

      • #4
        valentino
        Junior Member
        • May 2009
        • 22

        Yes low pro gas block. That’s what I thought. Under gassed. I was thinking the gas block was misalined or it might be a little to big. I have a green ring at the end of the hand guard that is getting black. I have a pic of it new trying to fig out how to post it

        Comment

        • #5
          Aasillak
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2014
          • 564

          Comment

          • #6
            valentino
            Junior Member
            • May 2009
            • 22

            Thanks

            Comment

            • #7
              THE ANTIDOTE
              Banned
              • Jul 2018
              • 279

              When i built mine i drilled out the gas ports next size up, use castrol synthetic oil in my chamber and run mine wet. I once was given a whole bunch of reloads and made my ar run like a bolt action. I had rounds where the bullets were pushed back into the cases, fail to eject, stuck cases etc. That was the only time i ever tried brass. After inspecting some of the rounds i found that the lengths were off and probably loaded for a bolt action.

              Comment

              • #8
                jimbo74
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2014
                • 2923

                If a .223 Wylde can't shoot 5.56mm, it isn't built properly.

                load 1 round at a time for 500 rounds is garbage. Any gunsmith knows that. I am not a gunsmith, and I know that....

                Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                "It is currently CA legal to modify a double-action revolver into a single-action revolver and modify a single-action revolver into a double-action revolver.

                CA DOJ BOF stance on modifying handguns only applies to dimensionally compliant bolt-action single-shot pistols and dimensionally compliant break-open single-shot pistols.
                ^It does not apply to revolvers, manually operated repeating pistols, and semi-auto pistols." ~~ Quiet

                Comment

                • #9
                  Ki6vsm
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2013
                  • 2354

                  Originally posted by valentino
                  Yes low pro gas block. That’s what I thought. Under gassed. I was thinking the gas block was misalined or it might be a little to big. I have a green ring at the end of the hand guard that is getting black. I have a pic of it new trying to fig out how to post it
                  "Green ring"? What's that? And I've never heard of a gas block being too big, let alone causing poor cycling because of that.

                  In my experience, the port in the gas block (all makes I've used) is a bit larger than the port on the barrel. So you have to mess up the alignment pretty bad not to get full gas function.

                  But to be certain, when I install a gas block on a barrel I always give it a little test: I cap off the breach end with a thumb or finger and blow in a little air through the muzzle. As long as I hear plenty of air dumping out the rear end of the gas tube into the upper receiver, I know it'll work correctly.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Barang
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 13396

                    Be interesting to see what that looks like.

                    Originally posted by Ki6vsm
                    "Green ring"? What's that? And I've never heard of a gas block being too big, let alone causing poor cycling because of that.

                    In my experience, the port in the gas block (all makes I've used) is a bit larger than the port on the barrel. So you have to mess up the alignment pretty bad not to get full gas function.

                    But to be certain, when I install a gas block on a barrel I always give it a little test: I cap off the breach end with a thumb or finger and blow in a little air through the muzzle. As long as I hear plenty of air dumping out the rear end of the gas tube into the upper receiver, I know it'll work correctly.
                    I've done this too. A good indication if you're getting proper amount of gas.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Dirk Tungsten
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 2047

                      Originally posted by THE ANTIDOTE
                      When i built mine i drilled out the gas ports next size up, use castrol synthetic oil in my chamber and run mine wet. I once was given a whole bunch of reloads and made my ar run like a bolt action. I had rounds where the bullets were pushed back into the cases, fail to eject, stuck cases etc. That was the only time i ever tried brass. After inspecting some of the rounds i found that the lengths were off and probably loaded for a bolt action.
                      Why are you oiling your chamber/

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        oak18
                        Member
                        • Nov 2016
                        • 459

                        500 rounds, loaded one at a time, for a break in period? That guy is a dip ****. There’s no break in period in order for an AR-15 to run reliably.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Dodahdude
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 1238

                          NO....... Don't let my wife hear that!!!
                          sigpic One down, four up!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            FeuerFrei
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 7455

                            Not enough info for an internet diagnostic.

                            Actual details of the rifle are needed here OP. Is it perhaps assembled as a "mag-lock" or "featureless" AR15 clone?

                            Magazines used? Bolt carrier/bolt used? Upper was pre-assembled or self assembled?

                            What length/type of stock is being used?

                            ...to be continued...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mofo1111
                              Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 250

                              Like others have said:
                              Check alignment of gas block. I had a friend whose rifle was only chambering one round at a time. His gas block screws had loosened and moved forward from the recoil impulse. We sprayed some CLP down the gas tube but it would not flow out the muzzle. It was visibly shifted toward the muzzle and not aligned. He re-aligned at home and blow out the solvent and/or CLR with compressed air. His problem went away.

                              Also, me personally, I run my bolt charging handle, and bolt carrier group extra wet during first outing, maybe 200-300 rounds to break in brand new and tight parts. After that, oil as normal. That's just me though...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1