Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

553 EoTech Optics

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thmpr
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 3785

    553 EoTech Optics

    Found a great deal for the new 553 Eotech Optics for $545.00. The lowest found was $590.00 thus this is a great deal. Link: www.lanworldinc.com
    NRA Life Member
  • #2
    insin
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 952

    I know its new an all, but is it that much of an improvement over the previous models for a premium of an extra $200? I realize that it does come incorporated with the throw lever mount but am I missing something? Im sure I am.

    Comment

    • #3
      xenophobe
      In Memoriam
      • Jan 2006
      • 7069

      Originally posted by insin
      I know its new an all, but is it that much of an improvement over the previous models for a premium of an extra $200? I realize that it does come incorporated with the throw lever mount but am I missing something? Im sure I am.
      Yes, built in 1/4" riser, arms throw levers, and it takes CR123 batteries. Definitely an improvement, and consolidates battery issues. If you own a NVD, like a MUM, a 553 and a Surefire, you only need to keep one size of batteries.

      Comment

      • #4
        insin
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 952

        Originally posted by xenophobe
        you only need to keep one size of batteries.
        Yeah, that fact also slipped my mind. I had no idea that the 551 took N type batteries.

        Comment

        • #5
          PIRATE14
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 3189

          Plus they are way tacticool......
          CHECKOUT...http://cwstactical.com FOR ALL YOUR CALIFORNIA LEGAL AR-AK-HK RIFLES and BUILDS...

          CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

          CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

          BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!

          Comment

          • #6
            Ryan HBC
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2005
            • 540

            I'll probably pick one up for my next build, hopefully the price comes down a bit by then. I just can't seem to bring myself to buy a near $600 red dot right now.

            Well, maybe one that says ACOG on the side. At least those have some magnification.

            Comment

            • #7
              PIRATE14
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • 3189

              Originally posted by Ryan HBC
              I'll probably pick one up for my next build, hopefully the price comes down a bit by then. I just can't seem to bring myself to buy a near $600 red dot right now.

              Well, maybe one that says ACOG on the side. At least those have some magnification.
              Don't count on the price coming down soon....the 553 are one of the NSN SOPMOD package sites.

              The 553 corrects a lot of issues w/ the STD EOTECH.

              I gotta go and wring one of those bad boys out........
              CHECKOUT...http://cwstactical.com FOR ALL YOUR CALIFORNIA LEGAL AR-AK-HK RIFLES and BUILDS...

              CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

              CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

              BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!

              Comment

              • #8
                blkA4alb
                Moderator Emeritus
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Feb 2006
                • 3576

                Are they planning to make the 553 in black also? Having an all black rifle with the dark earth EoTech doesn't work for me .
                Please, calm down.

                Comment

                • #9
                  PIRATE14
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 3189

                  Originally posted by blkA4alb
                  Are they planning to make the 553 in black also? Having an all black rifle with the dark earth EoTech doesn't work for me .
                  All the ones we got are BLACK>>>>>>.........
                  CHECKOUT...http://cwstactical.com FOR ALL YOUR CALIFORNIA LEGAL AR-AK-HK RIFLES and BUILDS...

                  CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

                  CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

                  BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    blkA4alb
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 3576

                    Originally posted by PIRATE14
                    All the ones we got are BLACK>>>>>>.........
                    Really? I had just never seen them in anything but dark earth. Thats good news!
                    Please, calm down.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      xenophobe
                      In Memoriam
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 7069

                      The first batch of 553's are black, and waiting USSOCOM approval. Once they get the go-ahead for .mil, the production will turn to FDE, and don't expect to see many for a while...

                      I ordered mine over a month ago direct from EOTech, and my expected delivery isn't till early next year.

                      The people getting them now ordered them in Feb/March... or bought them from someone who ordered them at that point in time.... The 553's we've got coming in now are from a distributor who ordered them at SHOT.

                      From what my rep said, they've got a 1500 unit backorder to fill.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        BigAL
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 832

                        Wow $545... As a diehard Aimpoint fan I always felt one of the things the EOTech had going for it was a cheaper price but I guess that's out the window.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          thmpr
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 3785

                          Just picked one up since it was the best deal I could find. Will have it next week just in time for my vacation....
                          NRA Life Member

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            maschronic
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 4388

                            I've done business with Chris at lanworldinc. i would totally recommend him to anybody. good communication. i'm buying for AR parts from him again!! cheapest price i can find for AR parts.



                            Originally posted by thmpr
                            Found a great deal for the new 553 Eotech Optics for $545.00. The lowest found was $590.00 thus this is a great deal. Link: www.lanworldinc.com
                            I am offically a gun nut!!!!!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1