Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need Some Help... OLL

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jp.cherokee
    Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 246

    Need Some Help... OLL

    Hi Folks,
    Just took my California Legal Self Loading Rifle to the range, it is a LMT upper and lower with a SpotMod adjustable stock. I also installed a RRA NM trigger kit in it. To make sure it would not go full auto I only inserted one .223 round as a first test. The gun fired the round just fine. I went to open the flop top and it would not piviot forward . I tried for awhile to no avail, I then pulled the front pin and could see the buffer assembly was further forward than the buffer retainer locking up the rear of the receiver. I separated the two and put the buffer spring and buffer retainer and buffer back into position. I charged the unit dropped the bolt carrier assembly and crap it did it again. This time the buffer retainer spring got streched out and the buffer retainer got all beat up and will not go back into the slide, I also lost a little aluminum where the buffer retainer got jerked out of the slide. 1. Any ideas why this is happening? 2. Where can I get a new spring and buffer retainer cheap?
    Thanks,
    Sean in San Diego
    .22, 9, 44, 45, .50, .223, 30-06, 7.62, 7.92, 00, Slug...
    NUMBERS TO "LIVE" BY...
  • #2
    bu-bye
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2835

    Sounds like your bolt carrier might be too short/out of spec.

    your bolt should be stopping your buffer from hitting the little pin.
    "Calling an illegal alien a "undocumented worker" is like calling the drug dealer hanging around outside your kid's school an "unlicensed pharmacist."

    Comment

    • #3
      jp.cherokee
      Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 246

      Lets put on the Dork Hat. I think I did not have the buffer tube all the way on the buffer retainer. I re-assembled it and it seems to work fine now. I will be taking it to the range again tomorrow to try. Thanks, All.
      .22, 9, 44, 45, .50, .223, 30-06, 7.62, 7.92, 00, Slug...
      NUMBERS TO "LIVE" BY...

      Comment

      • #4
        bu-bye
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 2835

        "Calling an illegal alien a "undocumented worker" is like calling the drug dealer hanging around outside your kid's school an "unlicensed pharmacist."

        Comment

        • #5
          ivanimal
          Janitors assistant
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2002
          • 14365

          Hey where did you find my hat !
          "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
          Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
          NRA lifetime member

          Comment

          • #6
            bu-bye
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 2835

            Originally posted by ivanimal
            Hey where did you find my hat !

            here.... http://www.onehorseshy.com

            Google found it for me. I just searched for "Dork hat". Maybe they took it from you
            Last edited by bu-bye; 09-19-2006, 10:49 PM.
            "Calling an illegal alien a "undocumented worker" is like calling the drug dealer hanging around outside your kid's school an "unlicensed pharmacist."

            Comment

            • #7
              bu-bye
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 2835

              HAHAHA just found this one too:

              "Calling an illegal alien a "undocumented worker" is like calling the drug dealer hanging around outside your kid's school an "unlicensed pharmacist."

              Comment

              • #8
                docsmileyface
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 1644

                The problem could also be that the buffer tube wasn't holding down the buffer retainer well enough. I didn't put my collapsable stock on all the way and had a similar problem first time I fired it. Luckily I was in Vegas and the guy who owned the store (Discount Firearms) fixed my rifle for me free of charge.
                "Soldier, you need to turn your ACOG off before the batteries die." - PMI Instructor, subject matter expert

                Comment

                • #9
                  RobT2K
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 726

                  Originally posted by jp.cherokee
                  I will be taking it to the range again tomorrow to try.
                  Where do you shoot at? Any problems with the OLL there?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    xenophobe
                    In Memoriam
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 7069

                    Originally posted by jp.cherokee
                    it is a LMT upper and lower with a SpotMod adjustable stock.
                    SpotMod? lol

                    SOPMOD... Special Operations Peculiar MODification.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1