Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR15 trigger reset

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr. J
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 63

    AR15 trigger reset

    I recently built a AR using the following parts...

    Stag 2ht upper
    Doublestar Lower
    Stag A2 Stock
    RRA LPK

    When I fire the rifle it extracts the spent case and reloads another round. The problem is the trigger doesn't reset. I'm using the wal-mart 100 rounds vaule pak ammo. I tried using another magazine and it still didn't reset.

    Any ideas on troubleshooting?
  • #2
    ohsmily
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2005
    • 8995

    Originally posted by Mr. J
    I recently built a AR using the following parts...

    Stag 2ht upper
    Doublestar Lower
    Stag A2 Stock
    RRA LPK

    When I fire the rifle it extracts the spent case and reloads another round. The problem is the trigger doesn't reset. I'm using the wal-mart 100 rounds vaule pak ammo. I tried using another magazine and it still didn't reset.

    Any ideas on troubleshooting?
    Sounds like you screwed up the trigger group installation. Have you functioned checked it to make sure the hammer isn't just following the BCG on its way forward?
    Can you post a picture of the inside of your receiver so we can possibly help you out?
    Expert firearms attorney: https://www.rwslaw.com/team/adam-j-richards/

    Check out https://www.firearmsunknown.com/. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.

    Comment

    • #3
      Mr. J
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 63

      I fired a 7.62 upper on the lower and it worked fine. Is the buffer and spring a different weight for 7.62x39? Is the 7.62 spring too powerful for .223?

      Comment

      • #4
        maschronic
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 4388

        that is my guess too. post up a picture of your installation.
        I am offically a gun nut!!!!!

        Comment

        • #5
          jgraham15
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2007
          • 1039

          Originally posted by Mr. J
          I recently built a AR using the following parts...

          Stag 2ht upper
          Doublestar Lower
          Stag A2 Stock
          RRA LPK

          When I fire the rifle it extracts the spent case and reloads another round. The problem is the trigger doesn't reset. I'm using the wal-mart 100 rounds vaule pak ammo. I tried using another magazine and it still didn't reset.

          Any ideas on troubleshooting?

          I have seen this issue a couple times lately in this forum! Did you install the disconnector spring properly? That seems to be the issue other people have had.
          Last edited by jgraham15; 02-25-2009, 5:36 PM.
          "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." --author Mark Twain

          Comment

          • #6
            Mr. J
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 63

            I seated the fatter end of the spring down into the part.

            Comment

            • #7
              jgraham15
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2007
              • 1039

              Originally posted by Mr. J
              I seated the fatter end of the spring down into the part.

              Hmmm, Does the trigger work properly when you function check it?
              "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." --author Mark Twain

              Comment

              • #8
                Mr. J
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 63

                Originally posted by jgraham15
                Hmmm, Does the trigger work properly when you function check it?
                Yes it does.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Jwood562
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1271

                  so are you not able to fire a second round? what do you do to fix it to fire another round?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Desert_AIP
                    Member
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 234

                    Trigger spring installed upside down.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      gunrun45
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 2018

                      What kind of bolt carrier do you have in your 223 upper...
                      Murphy's Law - What can happen will happen at the least opportune moment

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Mr. J
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 63

                        The trigger spring is installed correctly.

                        The bolt carrier is factory stag .223

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Desert_AIP
                          Member
                          • Sep 2007
                          • 234

                          If it's ejecting and loading it's not short stroking so the carrier is coming back far enough to cock the hammer. Sounds like the disconnector is not releasing the hammer.

                          Describe how you are performing the function check when the upper is off the lower.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Mr. J
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 63

                            No idea how to function check with the upper off.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              javalos
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 975

                              Check out video

                              Originally posted by Mr. J
                              No idea how to function check with the upper off.
                              The video on assembling a stripped lower shows you how to function check.
                              Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
                              __________________________
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1