Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

BCM Published Specs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • juniorsonic
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 19

    BCM Published Specs?

    A few years ago, I remember an article (or letter) circulating around here & ARF.COM, which was written by BCM's CEO regarding the quality of their products. I recall descriptions of the barrel & bolt steel, HPT testing process, shot=peening, correct "milspec vs non milspec", etc. regarding the high standards of quality that exceeded military specifications regarding the manufacture of their rifles.

    Anyone remember? Anyone have a clue or link as to where it can be found???

    Thank You in advance.
  • #2
    LeadFarmer74
    Veteran Member
    • May 2015
    • 3105

    Hard to say since they never disclose who makes their parts for them. Interested to see if that article does exist.
    NRA Lifer
    Originally posted by Click Boom
    I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

    Comment

    • #3
      sethrus
      Member
      • Mar 2017
      • 103

      Good luck with that. Some parts are obvious who makes for them.

      Also, I thought I read they hammer forged their barrels. Not what I like.

      Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        LeadFarmer74
        Veteran Member
        • May 2015
        • 3105

        Originally posted by sethrus
        Good luck with that. Some parts are obvious who makes for them.

        Also, I thought I read they hammer forged their barrels. Not what I like.

        Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk
        What's wrong with BFH?
        NRA Lifer
        Originally posted by Click Boom
        I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

        Comment

        • #5
          Nguyen
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2013
          • 3000

          Originally posted by LeadFarmer74
          What's wrong with BFH?
          its too durable.


          "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
          - Dianne Feinstein

          Comment

          • #6
            CouchOperator
            Veteran Member
            • May 2016
            • 4353

            Slightly overgassed but good products. Not my chart but might help

            Comment

            • #7
              juniorsonic
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 19

              WTF??? ^^^^^^

              Comment

              • #8
                CouchOperator
                Veteran Member
                • May 2016
                • 4353

                Originally posted by juniorsonic
                WTF??? ^^^^^^
                Yes?

                Comment

                • #9
                  LeadFarmer74
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2015
                  • 3105

                  Originally posted by Nguyen
                  its too durable.
                  Damn knew I shouldn't of bought one.
                  NRA Lifer
                  Originally posted by Click Boom
                  I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    juniorsonic
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 19

                    Originally posted by CouchOperator
                    Yes?
                    What does this "barrel-specific customers' phone calls to manufacturers" list have to do with BCM spec article from CEO??? Maybe I'm just off my game today, but I just don't see the correlation.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CouchOperator
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2016
                      • 4353

                      Originally posted by juniorsonic
                      What does this "barrel-specific customers' phone calls to manufacturers" list have to do with BCM spec article from CEO??? Maybe I'm just off my game today, but I just don't see the correlation.
                      Gas ports, n00b

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tonyxcom
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 6397

                        Originally posted by sethrus
                        Good luck with that. Some parts are obvious who makes for them.

                        Also, I thought I read they hammer forged their barrels. Not what I like.

                        Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk
                        Yeah, so crazy that all of their barrels, except for the standard, are hammer forged.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          juniorsonic
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 19

                          So, nobody seems to remember this article/response from BCM's Paul Buffoni???

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            MotoFahren
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2015
                            • 643

                            Originally posted by juniorsonic
                            So, nobody seems to remember this article/response from BCM's Paul Buffoni???
                            No.
                            "Simplify, then add lightness." - Colin Chapman

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CouchOperator
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2016
                              • 4353

                              I like how you havent gotten any real replies on M4Carbine as well lol.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1