Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Valmets!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • highpower
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2012
    • 5332

    Valmets!

    It snowed overnight, but cleared up enough by mid morning to be able to go out to my spot in the desert to do a bit of shooting today. Early springtime in the high desert is sort of hit or miss as far as the weather is concerned. I have seen it snow, rain and then get warm all on the same day.

    Anyway, I have been trying to take out some of my guns that for one reason or the other I haven't shot much since I acquired them. So today I took a couple of my Valmets out for a spin.

    First up was my M78. This one is in .308 and in one of my AK RPK variants. Like every milled AK I have ever shot, especially Valmets, it is just so smooth it is hard to describe to someone that has never shot one. With the scope it is reasonably accurate out to 500 meters and in truth I have never shot it much past that distance.









    The other rifle I exercised was my M76. This one is also a very, very smooth shooter and is not particular at all about what I feed it. Today it digested everything from my handloads to low cost Wolf and never missed a beat. Of course being an AK it is expected to not be a fussy eater. I really prefer the Valmet/Galil sights over the standard AK versions.








    My Valmet family picture:




    Next week I am going to take out a few of my retro AR's if the weather holds out.
    MLC member.

    Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

    Dumocraps suck balls.
  • #2
    jarhead714
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2012
    • 9662

    The original up top is the one I would least enjoy making contacting with my jaw. From a butt stroke of course, not actually shooting it.

    Comment

    • #3
      Vigilant Electorate
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2016
      • 14

      You sir have a beautiful family and you must be proud. Nice portrait and thanks for sharing :-)

      Comment

      • #4
        alks207
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 1727

        You should put your velmet in your helmet....but seriously nice collection!

        Comment

        • #5
          xxINKxx
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 4289

          Only if there was a rifle gallery forum...
          "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

          Comment

          • #6
            smoothy8500
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 3846

            I had a Valmet 76 back in the late 80's. I listened to my dad when he told me to sell it before the upcoming Roberti-Roos ban. Wish I didn't listen to him. He was probably wrong about strippers and coke too.....

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1