So, this is the result so far.
Removed fore grip, put on YHM 5" rail extension and Strike Industries Cobra angle grip. Note that the RAT Worx rial extension that can be installed on the fore grip's hinge for the Aug will not work for MSAR without modification (I have talked to Chris about this).
This works ok, but I think that one may get away with just holding and pushing back the rifle at the trigger guard.
It is difficult to find a muzzle brake with the reversed thread for the XM17 that is long enough to give the overall 30" length, so I put on the thread adapter that comes with rifle and put on a 1/2-28 thread fake can (got it on ebay.
Next will be making the grip wrap. If I f' this up, I will call Monkeeboi
.
After that, putting back the original mag release.
To be honest, I am fed up with the CA regulations and considering just sell what I have and get the SOCOM 16
Removed fore grip, put on YHM 5" rail extension and Strike Industries Cobra angle grip. Note that the RAT Worx rial extension that can be installed on the fore grip's hinge for the Aug will not work for MSAR without modification (I have talked to Chris about this).
This works ok, but I think that one may get away with just holding and pushing back the rifle at the trigger guard.
It is difficult to find a muzzle brake with the reversed thread for the XM17 that is long enough to give the overall 30" length, so I put on the thread adapter that comes with rifle and put on a 1/2-28 thread fake can (got it on ebay.
Next will be making the grip wrap. If I f' this up, I will call Monkeeboi
.After that, putting back the original mag release.
To be honest, I am fed up with the CA regulations and considering just sell what I have and get the SOCOM 16

Comment