Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Fixed (but adjustable) Magpul CTR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GDArmas
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2016
    • 16

    Fixed (but adjustable) Magpul CTR

    Here is how I mod'd my Stock to be fixed.
    Last edited by GDArmas; 12-19-2016, 6:43 PM.
  • #2
    jaegergewehr
    Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 102

    Pretty slick!

    Comment

    • #3
      dragon7
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 576

      Great idea. Careful though. Set screws I've had threaded into polymer can back themselves out.

      Comment

      • #4
        ProtectThe2nd
        In Memoriam
        • Mar 2016
        • 1225

        Dupe thread
        sigpic
        ESCAPE IF YOU CAN


        A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

        "The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding." - The United States Supreme Court -

        Comment

        • #5
          Dano3467
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2013
          • 7381

          Interesting

          Comment

          • #6
            GDArmas
            Junior Member
            • Dec 2016
            • 16

            Originally posted by ProtectThe2nd
            yeah... sorry, damn noob!

            maybe the Moderators can delete this thread....

            Comment

            • #7
              AreWeFree
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 4558

              Safer and easier to drill a hole through the stock/buffer tube and use a roll pin.

              Comment

              • #8
                GDArmas
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2016
                • 16

                Originally posted by AreWeFree
                Safer and easier to drill a hole through the stock/buffer tube and use a roll pin.
                Safe? How would this be less safer than the manufacturer's original design?

                Easier? I think that same level of skill is required to do either methods...

                Cleaner? I think this method wins...

                Comment

                • #9
                  AreWeFree
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 4558

                  That's your opinion.

                  My opinion is a roll pin directly through the stock/buffer is more mechanically sound, and you don't need to buy a tap and thread a hex screw in the lever.

                  Your way is disabling the lever, the old way is mechanically locking the stock to the buffer.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BEE
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 2901

                    I just put a pin in the plunger where the spring is, zero movement. It's clean and no drilling.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      OldAudioNerd
                      Member
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 130

                      I like that! If there were concerns about the screw backing out a little loc-tite would help wouldn't it?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sigbird
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • 1237

                        I like it OP, but as stated above the roll pin through the stock/ buffer tube ( as seen on You Tube) is less butchering of the stock and a little cleaner.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SkyHawk
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 23531

                          Originally posted by GDArmas
                          Safe? How would this be less safer than the manufacturer's original design?

                          Easier? I think that same level of skill is required to do either methods...

                          Cleaner? I think this method wins...
                          Safe: I didn't see you exert too much force on the adjust lever to see if your block would hold up. Pretend you are a 6'4" 250lb cop in the field. Give it all you've got. If that stock can move, it is 4, 6, or 8 years in prison. I would not trust that set screw in polymer to keep me out of prison without a test to destruction of either the lever or the set screw. Repeatedly.

                          The first measure of success in this game is not 'slick', 'clean', 'easy' or 'convenient' - it is staying out of the pen. First and foremost.

                          So make a follow up vid where you grab that handle like a man and squeeze as hard as you can, then I might be interested.
                          Last edited by SkyHawk; 12-19-2016, 7:59 PM.
                          Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            GDArmas
                            Junior Member
                            • Dec 2016
                            • 16

                            Originally posted by AreWeFree
                            That's your opinion.

                            My opinion is a roll pin directly through the stock/buffer is more mechanically sound, and you don't need to buy a tap and thread a hex screw in the lever.

                            Your way is disabling the lever, the old way is mechanically locking the stock to the buffer.
                            My way is preventing the pin in from disengaging in the buffer tube...

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1