Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR Grip Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SweetPotato
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2015
    • 1285

    AR Grip Help

    I was trying to complete the lower (Anderson) using BCM Enhanced LPK FDE kit. I tighten the grip screw all the way as tight as I could but it still can pivot/tilt backward off true flush position. It isn't much of a gap but it is enough to cause me worried. Any help as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.


    This picture shows the normal flush grip as I push it up as high as possible.



    This picture shows the gap when I tilt the grip backward.
    Last edited by SweetPotato; 10-17-2016, 5:33 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
  • #2
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    Your grip screw is too long. Anderson stopped tapping the screw hole all the way through a couple years ago.

    You need a shorter screw or tap the hole all the way. Or a ghetto fix is to stack some washers on the screw before you attach the grip.

    I prefer to tap the hole all the way...





    Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-09-2016, 7:29 PM.
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #3
      SweetPotato
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2015
      • 1285

      Nice, that tap only cost $2.99. But damn the tool https://www.midwayusa.com/product/31...rench-0-to-1-4 is a bit. Is there anything else that I can use instead of buying this tool?


      Do you have to make sure that as you try to tap the rest of the way that you follow the spiral that is already there? (I never tap anything before).
      A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

      Comment

      • #4
        kevins750
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 1376

        You can use an end wrench, crescent wrench or a 12 point socket also.
        "To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson
        NRA+CRPA member

        "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol" -------Deputy Samuel Gerard

        Comment

        • #5
          1bulletBarney
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2013
          • 1913

          I used a 1/4" lock washer along with a star washer and everything tightened up fine. The ghetto solution works for me...
          NRA Member
          NRA-ILA Contributor
          CGN Contributor

          iTrader Feedback
          1bulletBarney iTrader Feedback - Calguns.net?

          Comment

          • #6
            Blade Gunner
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2013
            • 4422

            Home Depot Dewalt 17 piece tap, die, and drill bit set with handles. Got it on sale 19.95. Thing has paid for itself in a year. Using the wrong tools just makes things worse. But that might not be the problem. The milspec trigger guard and grip leave a gap between them. The BCM trigger guard and BCM grip both are designed to fill in the gap. If you trim the nub on the grip (the part you've circled in your pic) it should fit right in as the tigger guard has already filled in the gap.
            Last edited by Blade Gunner; 10-09-2016, 9:36 PM.
            If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.

            Comment

            • #7
              someoneeasy
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 2372

              where are you located? You could borrow mine.

              Comment

              • #8
                86 5.0L
                Member
                • Sep 2016
                • 178

                A stack of internal star washers worked for me

                Comment

                • #9
                  SkyHawk
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 23531

                  A shorter screw also works fine. The screws that come with Magpul grips are shorter and have a combo allen/screw head.
                  Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    GunnyUSMC
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2016
                    • 551

                    Use a shorter screw and be done with it. I keep a 5 or 6 extra short screws on hand. A longer screw will not hold any better then the short one.
                    Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
                    GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      langss
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 929

                      Where are you located. I have everything you need and it would only take about 5 min.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        jimbo74
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 2923

                        Originally posted by GunnyUSMC
                        Use a shorter screw and be done with it. I keep a 5 or 6 extra short screws on hand. A longer screw will not hold any better then the short one.
                        this, and a longer screw may bottom out and push back against the grip, making it canted
                        "It is currently CA legal to modify a double-action revolver into a single-action revolver and modify a single-action revolver into a double-action revolver.

                        CA DOJ BOF stance on modifying handguns only applies to dimensionally compliant bolt-action single-shot pistols and dimensionally compliant break-open single-shot pistols.
                        ^It does not apply to revolvers, manually operated repeating pistols, and semi-auto pistols." ~~ Quiet

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SweetPotato
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2015
                          • 1285

                          I don't have any extra screws or Magpul one. I'll see where I can get a few cheap short screws. Thanks.
                          A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jimbo74
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 2923

                            Originally posted by husadee
                            I don't have any extra screws or Magpul one. I'll see where I can get a few cheap short screws. Thanks.
                            ace hardware will have it.....

                            just take the lower in, don't take any other parts
                            "It is currently CA legal to modify a double-action revolver into a single-action revolver and modify a single-action revolver into a double-action revolver.

                            CA DOJ BOF stance on modifying handguns only applies to dimensionally compliant bolt-action single-shot pistols and dimensionally compliant break-open single-shot pistols.
                            ^It does not apply to revolvers, manually operated repeating pistols, and semi-auto pistols." ~~ Quiet

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SweetPotato
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2015
                              • 1285

                              Thanks Jimbo. I'll check them out.
                              A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1