Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

..................

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • drago78
    Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 245

    ..................

    .....................
    Last edited by drago78; 04-25-2016, 10:27 AM.
    sigpic
  • #2
    static2126
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2013
    • 5619

    LWRC or PWS

    Comment

    • #3
      Bete Noire
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2008
      • 578

      The LMT is also tough as nails.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        Arnelcheeze
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2010
        • 1450

        Stag/CMMG system works great and is not as expensive as LWRC or LMT

        Comment

        • #5
          FeuerFrei
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2008
          • 7455

          Originally posted by drago78
          Hello everyone

          I am looking to build a mid-length ar15 upper with piston system instead of DIG
          What is the best and most reliable kit out there to purchase?

          Thank you so much for helping me
          Adams Arms makes a very good strap on kit for mid-length AR clones.
          Here... http://www.adamsarms.net/mid-length-piston-kit

          Comment

          • #6
          • #7
            Calico1404
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2016
            • 3401

            The chart I follow:


            Bullet Weight Twist
            40-Grain 1:12
            55-Grain 1:9
            62-Grain 1:8 or 1:7
            77-Grain 1:7 or 1:8
            80-Grain 1:7

            Comment

            • #8
              Calico1404
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2016
              • 3401

              This is simply the preferred chart in my humble opinion lol

              I have a 1:8 wylde that is my most accurate rifle with 55 to 62

              Comment

              • #9
                FIREBALL_BRIAN
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2011
                • 2379

                DI system and buy ammo instead.

                oops

                PWS is well known for Pistons
                Short Action Precision ! USA !

                https://g.co/fi/r/UC7661 Project Fi referral.
                You/I get $20

                https://www.activejunky.com/invite/167810
                Active Junky Referral you get $10

                WTS Springfield EMP & TRP
                https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post22678428

                Comment

                • #10
                  Blade Gunner
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 4422

                  PWS

                  PWS, I have four of them 7.5" to 20". 223 Wylde (also rated for 5.56) 300 BLK and 7.62 Nato. No problems with any of them. PWS is coming out with Gen 2 and raising prices. Fortress Tactical still has some Gen 1 in stock which are about $200-$300 less then Gen 2. Had an Adams Arms but sold it. Also have some Sig piston uppers, reliable but heavy.
                  Last edited by Blade Gunner; 04-11-2016, 4:06 PM. Reason: typo
                  If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    Glockrocks
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 629

                    PWS MK116 upper 223 Wylde 16" barrel or MK116 MOD2.
                    I think I see a MOD2 in my future.
                    Primary Weapons Systems was formed by firearm enthusiasts in 2008. Starting out by producing muzzle devices, we tested our compensators on all different types of rifles - from M4/AR-15's to AK-47s. After using both styles of rifles in testing with high round counts, the difference in maintenance needed was both astounding. From that basic realization, the PWS long-stroke piston system was born; keeping the core values of the AR-15 design, while also lessening the need for maintenance in high-volume fire situations and adverse conditions.

                    Primary Weapons Systems was formed by firearm enthusiasts in 2008. Starting out by producing muzzle devices, we tested our compensators on all different types of rifles - from M4/AR-15's to AK-47s. After using both styles of rifles in testing with high round counts, the difference in maintenance needed was both astounding. From that basic realization, the PWS long-stroke piston system was born; keeping the core values of the AR-15 design, while also lessening the need for maintenance in high-volume fire situations and adverse conditions.

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      FeuerFrei
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 7455

                      OP was looking to assemble his own upper using a GP kit.




                      Sent using a long string & 2 cans.

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        E92335i
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2013
                        • 2937

                        I think for LWRC you have to buy the whole upper.

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          frickitsjon
                          Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 226

                          I have an Adams Arms that has been dead reliable for the past 3 years...

                          I did however, just complete another build using an LWRC upper I found massively discounted... Haven't had a chance to test it, but it looks great.. Unfortunately, it is a complete upper. I havent seen separate components to build one from.

                          Your source for Machine Guns and Class 3 firearms along with custom AR15, handguns, rare/collectible guns. Buy and sell machine guns!

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            milotrain
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 4301

                            Originally posted by drago78
                            Can't get accuracy from 1/8 twist with 55gr??
                            No problem "overspinning" a match bullet, the only problem is "underspinning" a heavy bullet.

                            The unsimplified chart.
                            weg: That device is obsolete now. They replaced it with wizards.
                            frank: Wait a minute. There are more than one wizard? Is [are?] the wizard calibrated?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1