Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Buffer tube question.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Beej
    Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 240

    Buffer tube question.

    I picked up some used parts for a great deal and some trades but the owner couldn't remember what buffer tube he had on it, mil spec or commercial. Is there an easy way to tell just by looking at it? Trying to figure it out for buttstocks.
    Last edited by Beej; 01-29-2016, 2:38 PM.
  • #2
    Devilmonkey89
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 1539

    An upper doesn't have a buffer tube... But some commerical tubes are slanted on the rear, compared to a milspec which is flat. Both will work fine.
    NRA Lifetime Member

    Comment

    • #3
      HighWildFree
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 2103

      Calipers?
      "Bangarang Peter!"

      Comment

      • #4
        strongpoint
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 3115

        The answer you're looking for is here.
        .

        Comment

        • #5
          MrSam
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2014
          • 1091

          Commercial spec tubes have a slant at the end (closest to where the end of your stock sits) whereas milspec tubes are flat.

          Comment

          • #6
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57175

            Originally posted by MrSam
            Commercial spec tubes have a slant at the end (closest to where the end of your stock sits) whereas milspec tubes are flat.
            There are also commercial spec tubes with a flat end.
            The only statement that is FULLY correct is to say that slanted back tubes are commercial spec.
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #7
              Revhendo
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2014
              • 521

              Originally posted by strongpoint
              The answer you're looking for is here.
              Dude! That is awesome. How did you do that?
              Rev.

              "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
              W.T. Sherman

              Comment

              • #8
                strongpoint
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2010
                • 3115

                Originally posted by Revhendo
                Dude! That is awesome. How did you do that?
                Well, I started by doing this.
                .

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1