Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Flash hiders

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • x45
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 7

    Flash hiders

    Are flash hiders legal on bolt actions? If so what would you recomend.If its legal I would think that a flash hider would act as a break and reduce muzzle flash on a short barrel to aid in shooting.What are your thoughts or opinion on this?
  • #2
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57180

    They are legal.

    Flash hiders don't act like brakes.



    Flash suppressors don't act like brakes either.

    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #3
      porkchop
      Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 179

      i didn't know there was a difference between a flash hider and a flash suppressor, always thought they were two words for the same thing. that being said, yes flash hiders/flash suppressors are totally legal on bolt rifles, and they will not act as muzzle brakes, their inside diameter is much too large as they are engineered for a completely different task

      Comment

      • #4
        CHS
        Moderator Emeritus
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2008
        • 11338

        Now, some brakes will actually work as a flash hider

        Best of both worlds!
        Please read the Calguns Wiki
        Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
        --Cesare, Marquis of Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishment"

        Comment

        • #5
          Czechsix
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2005
          • 1363

          So....which ones have you found that do double duty?

          Originally posted by bdsmchs
          Now, some brakes will actually work as a flash hider

          Best of both worlds!
          Yeah.

          I'm pissed.
          WTB: Rhodesian A5 FN 12G Shotgun...ah, never mind. Prices have become stupid...
          WTB: FN FS2000..don't care anymore about this one either.

          Comment

          • #6
            Seesm
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2008
            • 7812

            Kinda confusing...

            Brakes good?
            Flash Surpressor bad?
            muzze brake good?
            Flash hider good?

            Some I thought were the same...

            I know it's all been said before...

            Comment

            • #7
              randy
              In Memoriam
              • Nov 2006
              • 4642

              Surefire is supposed to have a break that works as a suppressor, and an attatchment point for a sound suppressor.

              From what I've heard there are better breaks out there.
              I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.

              When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.

              Comment

              • #8
                kingjoey
                Banned
                • Jun 2008
                • 441

                We produce a few models of brake/suppressor hybrids. We have them for .22, 6.8mm, and .30 bores.

                Here is our KA-1230 brake/suppressor installed on a customer's 30.06 Savage



                And here is our KA-1222 brake/suppressor for the .22 and 6.8mm rifles

                Comment

                • #9
                  freakshow10mm
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • 3061

                  YHM makes a FS that serves as a QD attachment for their Phantom suppressors.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1