Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is this a muzzle brake??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • caduckgunner
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1968

    Is this a muzzle brake??

    Want to make sure this is a muzzle brake. It came on my bushmaster upper I bought used. It's on my SBR equiped Off list AR and don't want to get nailed for a flashhider. The guy I bought if from said it was a AK74 brake.

    side view




    top view

  • #2
    JPglee1
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2006
    • 3025

    Yah, thats a MB... Actually a muzzle compensator


    J

    Comment

    • #3
      colossians323
      Crusader for the truth!
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 21637

      Yes that is 100% brake
      LIVE FREE OR DIE!

      M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

      Originally posted by M. Sage
      I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

      Comment

      • #4
        caduckgunner
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1968

        Thank you!

        Comment

        • #5
          SemiAutoSam
          Banned
          • Apr 2006
          • 9130

          AK something or other russian design from what I remember.

          Comment

          • #6
            grammaton76
            Administrator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2005
            • 9511

            Actually, I was kinda curious - I just bought two of the comp/brakes from Yankee Hill today.

            If I get asked what I'm doing with an FH on my rifle, how exactly would I convince the LEO that it really isn't one?
            Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

            Comment

            • #7
              Charliegone
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 6104

              Originally posted by grammaton76
              Actually, I was kinda curious - I just bought two of the comp/brakes from Yankee Hill today.

              If I get asked what I'm doing with an FH on my rifle, how exactly would I convince the LEO that it really isn't one?
              Tell him it vents gas not hide it from the shooter.


              I will vote for a donkey-sex maniac if he's pro-gun.
              -BWiese

              Comment

              • #8
                JPglee1
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 3025

                Originally posted by grammaton76
                If I get asked what I'm doing with an FH on my rifle, how exactly would I convince the LEO that it really isn't one?

                Tell him to stand in front of it and see if it makes a lot of flash


                Flash hiders are open at the end typically and don't have venting holes, they use slots to help finish burn the powder and avoid flashing.

                Theres really no 100% way to define a flash hider, its such a subjective issue.

                J

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mudvayne540ld
                  Member
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 339

                  Dont think an officer would be looking at the flash hider...... more the gun that it is on

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Bladewurk
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 1411

                    actually this is not totally subjective,during the Federal Ban brakes went to the BATF for testing in a room with a light meter to ensure they were not Flash Hiders..

                    and NO I don't have references......
                    (quote)"Glocks blow up, SIGs have a high bore axis, Beretta locking blocks break, Ruger is anti-gun, 1911s are unreliable, and HK hates you. Get over it."

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      AxonGap
                      Member
                      • May 2005
                      • 329

                      I assume Bushmaster's "Izzy" brake is not considered a flash hider?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1