Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

share you concoctions!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pilot
    Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 292

    share you concoctions!

    hey guys,

    i need to fill a sythetic hollow stock that came with my rifle and dont want to buy a new one because id rather put the money towards a scope. i read around (yes, i used the search button for once) that it is a good way to make a cheapie stock feel..less cheapie. what do you use? expanding foam? some kind of epoxy? your own mixture? id like to know what is best from experience from the calguns community.

    thanks,
    pilot
  • #2
    nobs11
    Banned
    • Jun 2008
    • 1381

    What are you trying to accomplish?

    Stock flex?

    Add more weight?

    Or just the way it feels?

    Comment

    • #3
      Pilot
      Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 292

      Originally posted by nobs11
      What are you trying to accomplish?

      Stock flex?

      Add more weight?

      Or just the way it feels?
      i hate the hollow sound it makes when it is hit and the fact that the gun is a little front heavy. also i just want it to feel solid. i dont quite know what else it could acheive if it is solid but those are the main reasons.

      Comment

      • #4
        sacshooter1
        Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 113

        I used expanding foam on a surplus HK91 stock for my PTR91 and it seems to work fine. It doesn't add weight, and really the only reason I did it was because I put a buffer on and I couldn't get the old buffer out of the stock, so they were clunking around.

        Comment

        • #5
        • #6
          Pilot
          Member
          • Aug 2008
          • 292

          Originally posted by sacshooter1
          I used expanding foam on a surplus HK91 stock for my PTR91 and it seems to work fine. It doesn't add weight, and really the only reason I did it was because I put a buffer on and I couldn't get the old buffer out of the stock, so they were clunking around.
          can you tell that it is solid now and not hollow?

          Comment

          • #7
            sacshooter1
            Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 113

            Yeah, it sounds more solid when you tap on it with your knuckle as I just did. One word of caution is that the foam expands everywhere...all the little holes for screws and what not so some caution is needed.

            Comment

            • #8
              Pilot
              Member
              • Aug 2008
              • 292

              thats the wrong idea. its not hollow like that..

              Comment

              • #9
                sorensen440
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2007
                • 8612

                expanding spray foam
                "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                Comment

                • #10
                  Pilot
                  Member
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 292

                  i would prefer to add a little weight to it though, anything else that works good?

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    trinydex
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 4720

                    Originally posted by Pilot
                    thats the wrong idea. its not hollow like that..
                    no quart of duramix and pour? haha.

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      Pilot
                      Member
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 292

                      Originally posted by trinydex
                      no quart of duramix and pour? haha.
                      lol if thatll work

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        petrole
                        Member
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 335

                        I've read of some folks dropping in pennies/washers into the expanding foam while it's still "wet" to add weight.

                        Spray a little, drop in some pennies, spray a little more, drop in some more pennies, etc.
                        "We dance around in a ring and suppose,
                        But the Secret sits in the middle and knows."


                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          nobs11
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 1381

                          What kind of stock is it?

                          Lead weights work best if you want weight.

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            Pilot
                            Member
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 292

                            well its the stupid saiga stock. most of us either own one or have shot one and the guns a little front heavy and that stock is crap.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1