Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Installing Raddlock BB

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CAglock20c
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 1038

    Installing Raddlock BB

    I'm having trouble installing a Raddlock BB on one of my lowers. I know you have to unscrew the nut inside the existing BB, but it's not budging. Any ideas? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."- Bobby Lee Swagger, Shooter

    FOR SALE 01 Chevy Silverado Z71:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1185601
  • #2
    Max Power!
    Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 261

    Maybe the existing BB was secured with Locktite. You might need to apply heat to loosen it.

    Comment

    • #3
      CAglock20c
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 1038

      Originally posted by Max Power!
      Maybe the existing BB was secured with Locktite. You might need to apply heat to loosen it.

      That could be. How would I go about doing that?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."- Bobby Lee Swagger, Shooter

      FOR SALE 01 Chevy Silverado Z71:
      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1185601

      Comment

      • #4
        Tom-ADC
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 3614

        Do you have a soldering iron? Should be safe to use. Or maybe a few drops of acetone?
        US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

        Comment

        • #5
          onelonehorseman
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 4888

          If it's blue loctitie even a hair dryer will work.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            CK_32
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2010
            • 14369

            Probably lock tited or welded. There is a few LGS/Companies that are under the impression they must be perminanly attached or do it for liability.

            Find out what it's held on with before you start messing with it. If lock tite a head gun should do the trick.
            For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

            What's Your Caliber??


            My Youtube channel

            Comment

            • #7
              LBDamned
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2011
              • 19040

              Originally posted by CK_32
              Probably lock tited or welded. There is a few LGS/Companies that are under the impression they must be perminanly attached or do it for liability.

              Find out what it's held on with before you start messing with it. If lock tite a head gun should do the trick.
              A "head gun"? I'm sure he's frustrated, but I don't think suicide is the answer
              "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

              Comment

              • #8
                CK_32
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2010
                • 14369

                Originally posted by LBDamned
                A "head gun"? I'm sure he's frustrated, but I don't think suicide is the answer
                Lol

                Auto correct strikes again.
                For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                What's Your Caliber??


                My Youtube channel

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mossy Man
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 7641

                  I drilled out a new M&P15 lower

                  Was cheaper to just buy a new mag catch (RCGE hooked me up for like $2) than messing with a heat gun or soldering iron.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kenjimatic
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 884

                    My brother in law had the same problem with his Stag. He broke 2 of the bullet removal tools then asked me to help. I told him just drill it out and I'll get him a new mag catch.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      AeroEngi
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 2887

                      If you don't have a heat gun or soldering iron, you can hold the receiver so the BB is facing down and use a lighter underneath a couple inches away for a few seconds at a time. Do this until it loosens up.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Venomouss
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2015
                        • 365

                        I filed down a 22 case to match the groves and it worked. I don't think it was loctited

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1