NRA Highpower / F class rules prohibit them.
Most tactical (PRS) type matche competitors will typically use them.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
...
Collapse
X
-
-
I would love to have one on mine, I can't spot my hit. My muzzle jumps 3-6 inches and I have to put the crosshairs back on target. Wastes lots of my range time.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
Seems that a lot of the local matches out here don't like brakes. Is that not the case in Southern California?Leave a comment:
-
.308 recoil isn't painful, sure. But, a muzzle brake absolutely can help functionality of the rifle.
I have one on my .308 and can spot impacts at 100 yards because it recoils so gently. I don't need to prove I am a tough guy and can go without one, I have it on there because it serves a purpose.
Spotting rounds out at 300-1000 yards is very easy and a lot of the time it eliminates the need for a spotter.Leave a comment:
-
I like the option. Currently have a thread protector on but also have a MB in its case just because.Leave a comment:
-
For the price of what you're looking to buy I wouldn't worry about having a thread on my barrel.Leave a comment:
-
Ignore the haters. They've never shot far enough, watched where their shots hit and had to make the adjustments. Threaded barrels are great and having a muzzle brake on it means that a spotter isn't necessary (though its helpful).Leave a comment:
-
-
Go with the 24" barrel for a few reasons.All in all I would happy longer with the accustock but can't see the need for a threaded barrel. It just seams like something else to clean and maintain. Either stock will be swapped out. I just want to make sure that a threaded barrel is not a must have that I am unaware of.
Extra weight reduces recoil.
Extra velocity gives flatter trajectory and less wind drift at distance.
Get a threaded barrel and put a muzzle brake on it.
The brake reduces the muzzle jump so that you can spot your own impacts.
Without a muzzle brake, it's common for the gun to jump off target and you will not be able to see where your bullet impacts.Leave a comment:
-
Meet The Pros The Precision Rifle Series (PRS) is a championship style point series race based on the best precision rifle matches nationwide. PRS matches are recognized as the major league of sniper-style rifle matches. At the end of each year, the scores from 15 different matches are evaluated and the top 50 shooters nationwide ...Leave a comment:
-
Threading a .308 is largely unnecessary unless you're in the "tactical" crowd.Leave a comment:
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,696
Posts: 25,150,548
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 15255 users online. 70 members and 15185 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: