Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What rifle does it fit?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigBronco also not a Cabinetguy
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2009
    • 7079

    What rifle does it fit?

    Can someone ID this mag? I am stumped. There are no markings on it. Very unusual design. Similar to the one for a Ruger scout but different.





    Last edited by BigBronco; 09-21-2014, 4:01 PM.
    "Life is a long song" Jethro Tull
  • #2
    6mmintl
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 4822

    None, Anti tank SMAW mag

    Comment

    • #3
      ducky_0811
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 759

      Bonus question, what is the load for the spotting round it shoots

      Comment

      • #4
        BigBronco also not a Cabinetguy
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2009
        • 7079

        At first I thought 6mmintl's answer was worthy of OT. A mag for a rocket launcher, really? I googled the SWAW and learnd a thing or two.

        I had hoped to put this mag on Fleabay however I doubt any of us standard gun guys would be allowed by the powers that be to actually own one. So I stand corrected and Calguns guys come through again.
        Last edited by BigBronco; 09-22-2014, 5:38 PM.
        "Life is a long song" Jethro Tull

        Comment

        • #5
          Thorax
          Banned
          • Apr 2010
          • 915

          As far as I know a SMAW is a shoulder fired rocket and does not use a magazine of any sort

          Unless you're meaning the spotting rifle for it, which is a 9mm tracer and not a SMAW round. Now that I can see.
          It also looks very similar to a BAR 30-06 mag.

          Comment

          • #6
            ducky_0811
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 759

            Correct, 9mm tracer projectile in a modified 7.62 nato casing using a .22 hornet propellant. Ballistically equivalent to the HE rockets trajectory. At least that's what my last boss at my recruiting station told me, he was an anti tank assault man.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1